Any one have ase's?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockabillyrat

Going to recert. two of mine tomorrow. Im an a master with an L1. Just wondering if any one else has any? Not like they are any thing important I dont need a test to tell me I can work on a car. But the boss likes it so why not.

'bout 18 yrs ago i was ase cert. in auto body&refinish

like you said, it didn't mean as much to me as the guy who eventually hired me.....
never "renewed" it......

Nope don't have my ASE , but here in Canada we have formal licenses for mechanics and bodymen. I have been licensed for 20 years now and am driveclean emission inspection and repair certified. Have to renew every couple of years.
Handy when I need a saftey for my rod.
Which brings up a question for the US folk. What do you need to have for a license to do state inspections?

Lightspeed Mike

Nope don't have my ASE , but here in Canada we have formal licenses for mechanics and bodymen. I have been licensed for 20 years now and am driveclean emission inspection and repair certified. Have to renew every couple of years.
Handy when I need a saftey for my rod.
Which brings up a question for the US folk. What do you need to have for a license to do state inspections?

Lightspeed Mike

I was a licensed I/M (emissions) inspector in Alaska. I really enjoyed that for the most part. I would have never got my hands on a 4 gas analyzer or learned how to use one if it hadn't been for that. The ASE was just a sign to hang out and didn't mean anything to the customers anyway. I doubt that it ever brought a customer through the door because I was certified.

15 years ago I had them all, was a world class ASE tech. Then they started adding more and more tests, started to look like a scam. A good money making thing for ASE. I have let them all run out as I don't need them now that I am self employed.

Do they have a ASE cert for rat builder? HMMM Might just start my own certification program.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back