Any pics of rear engine rods ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzrodder

It ain't grey hair, it's chrome!
I know there have been some done in the past, some using FWD transaxles, here's a couple pics I took 25+ years ago, 54 Ford with blown BBC, used a boat V-drive to send it back to the rear end. It wasn't just a fairground queen as you can see, he ran it down the 1/4 mile a few time too...

Attachments

• mrear engine ford.jpg
    mrear engine ford.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 112
  • mrear engine ford 1z.jpg
    mrear engine ford 1z.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 87
Lucky Fast Eddie on KB used a Pontiac Fiero setup if I'm not mistaken. I know They banned him but not sure if his fotos are still up.

BoB

Bitch`n cab-forward, V 12 at the Jalopy Showdown

Attachments

• jalopy showndown 005.JPG
    jalopy showndown 005.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 86
  • jalopy showndown 001.JPG
    jalopy showndown 001.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 99
Bitch`n cab-forward, V 12 at the Jalopy Showdown

I talked to the builder - the owner was not there . It's always a tough call when you see something that is not right ,do you speak up or let the guy suffer for doing something wrong , maybe hurting himself or others . He has the weight of two engines sitting on coil overs designed for a front end with only one engine and they are attached to the frame with one bolt each . I pointed this out to him and his attitude was "That's the owners problem ". I just said " ok " and moved on , hope he doesn't kill someone when it fails .

I talked to the builder - the owner was not there . It's always a tough call when you see something that is not right ,do you speak up or let the guy suffer for doing something wrong , maybe hurting himself or others . He has the weight of two engines sitting on coil overs designed for a front end with only one engine and they are attached to the frame with one bolt each . I pointed this out to him and his attitude was "That's the owners problem ". I just said " ok " and moved on , hope he doesn't kill someone when it fails .

cant say much about the builders attitude but i have seen and personnally run air struts and coil overs on our rock crawlers in a single shear design such as this.....as long as the bolt is thick enough and strong enough it shouldnt be to much of an issue.............not my personal choice of mounting style but it can work ....if done wright

Latest posts

Back