Any pool people on here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Got an idea for my swimming pool this year. Ive put up lots of above ground pools so I know how to do this but not sure if it will work or not.

Got a easy set up 18 foot round pool thats a nice setup but the filter system stinks on it. I wanna get a Hayward 1 horse pump with a basket and get a regular big mouth skimmer plate to put on it. Im just wondering if you think it will work? The liner is the heavy canvas type.
I think it will but I gotta do something cause the filter setup on these are horrible! RR:confused:

Hows an inground.... 36,000 gallon pool...???

Got an idea for my swimming pool this year. Ive put up lots of above ground pools so I know how to do this but not sure if it will work or not.

Got a easy set up 18 foot round pool thats a nice setup but the filter system stinks on it. I wanna get a Hayward 1 horse pump with a basket and get a regular big mouth skimmer plate to put on it. Im just wondering if you think it will work? The liner is the heavy canvas type.
I think it will but I gotta do something cause the filter setup on these are horrible! RR:confused:

Not sure if that qualifies?? Seriously, I have a Hayward sand filter and a 2.0horse pump... as long as the system is sealed it should work fine... that pump will suck a crap ton of volumn so you may need two skimmers.... the problem will come if you suck any air, you're done, it cavatates the pump and they don't last long if they suck a ton of air... also the filtering will be really affected by the lack of water passing thru the filter..... if you can keep the volumn of water constant it should work... just need to make sure the pump never sucks any air..... my skimmers are actually below the water level and the skimmer flaps constantly move to control the flow of water into the skimmers.... wish I could explain it better but believe me, you can't suck air...

Latest posts

Back