Anybody get busted for your engine/intake being too tall

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V12 WIllys

Banned
My truck is becomming a monster and I finished the intake and scoop setup and it is about 3" below my visor, on a unchopped 28. I will post a photo when I get home.

My question for you guys or gals that are running tall intake setups, either tunnel ram or blowers. Do the cops give you a bunch of crap for it or do they leave you alone as lopng as your not driving like an ass.

No problems yet with that or the noise (cross fingers)

Attachments

• P7310096.jpg
    P7310096.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 35
  • P7310103.jpg
    P7310103.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 80
I've had cars with the air cleaner as high as the roof....no problems...just don't be playing around....as for exhaust....driven straight pipes cars...no problems...most of the Harleys and Choppers around here are much louder than everything else anyway!

i had a 68 gtx with a 413 and 2x4 on a tunnel ram and had a cop stop me for some desreving reason i can't remember and mentioned that he didnt think i could properly see the road so i lied to him and said i could and it was ok then lol

yeh
Had a 69 camaro BB blown. Got pulled for illegal show of horsepower and not being able to see the right front corner view obstruction. No tickets though

I am beginning to care less and less about how tall my motor is. I would love to swap my tunnel ram for a blower, but nobody makes a blower manifold for a V12, as it is now my intake is 24 inches long and about 30 inches from the valley pan to the top of the scoop. I really need to post a recent photo. here is one before the intake was finished. it is about 6 inches taller now and yes the filters are inside of the scoop now.

DSC02785.jpg

ok here is a photo of the intake I have on my V12 Willys

Here is a view from the driver seat. If you look in the background you can see my new rear tires
DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

YES YES AND YES... With a 400+HP V12 you bet your sweet ass that front axle is not staying on the truck!!!! The front axle will not see street use. IT IS FOR MOCK UP ONLY. I pick up the axle from an old guy in Sacramento he was using it on his 32 roadster.....EVERYDAY. I have a new 4" drop axle on order it will be here soon.

Just my 2 cents...... the down side to the wild setups like this enough show up on the roads than LAWS will follow. maybe even a yearly inspection of custom cars. think about it. fun now pay later. in calif air quality board is talking about SMOGING ALL cars no matter what the year of mfg.

Doug

I really dig the V12 - V12!! I'd love to put one in my truck someday! I'm so glad I don't live in California! No offense to you guys out there because it's a cool place to be but with all the "green" loving hippy's that run that state it's a wonder you guys can put anything even close to a rat rod on the street period! We get away with alot here as long as people don't get stupid and show off in front of the man.

The motor and 4sp tranny are both out of a 1991 BMW 850I it is all aluminum and the motor and trans combo weighs about 200 pounds less than a 350/350 setup

Latest posts

Back