Anybody runnin a new tripower setup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

[Swas just wondering any body buy a new tripower setup,from speedway are any where else,how was the installation,and how was the startup as far as tuning are they pretty much tuned and ready to go,speedway has tripowers wit something called super7s for carbs they say new version of thr old rochesters,has any body got these.

tri-power setups

A review article I read in one of the car mags spoke poorly of the castings and overall quality of the 9super7. Edelbrock is now building the old 94s that would look like originals except for the phillips head screws and Edelbrock sticker. What I have read about them says they are a very good product.

You can see them on the Edelbrock website, models 1151 and 1152.

The 9Super7s are new versions of the Stromberg 97s. Supposed to be a good carb, much less prone to leakage than the 97s.

For what it's worth, I'm using four of the new Stromberg 97's on my Chrysler. None of them leak. That's the Stromberg's made in England, NOT Speedways 9 super 7. I've heard mixed reviews about Speedway's carb, but mostly from people who have not used them. Side by side, Speedways carb doesn't look as nice as the Stromberg in my opinion but they may work fine.

Latest posts

Back