Anybody runnin crossram on sbc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

THINKING ABOUT RUNNIN A CROSSRSM INTAKE ON A SBC,JUST WANTIN TO KNOW HOW THEY ACT ON THE STREET,PROS AND CONS,WHAT CARBS ARE YOU RUNNIN,DO THEY START AND PERFORM RELIABLE,THANK YOU.[cl

THINKING ABOUT RUNNIN A CROSSRSM INTAKE ON A SBC,JUST WANTIN TO KNOW HOW THEY ACT ON THE STREET,PROS AND CONS,WHAT CARBS ARE YOU RUNNIN,DO THEY START AND PERFORM RELIABLE,THANK YOU.[cl

The simple answer is that it is way too much intake for the street. ...especially if it is the style that has seperate plenums for each head.

They were designed to operate at high rpms and pretty much only at high rpms.

It's not to say that you can't make a car run with one, but there are lots of better choices for a street car.

My motor is basically stock,have mild cam and headers,only 300 gears,i just love the look of the crossram,it just looks nostalgic and hot rod kool.

I've thought about converting a crossfire injection manifold to carb mounting for the crossram look. One of those should work fine on a stock engine with small enough carbs.

Years ago, Hot Rod mag did a manifold shootout. The crossram was the worst of the bunch with reversion problems. They tried anti-reversion dams with little help. Surprisingly, the Victor Jr and Street Tunnel ram did well.

I wanted the tunnel ram look on mine (I haven't done it yet), but knew that 2 4b were too much for the street. I got to talking to a buddy and he mentioned the idea of just unhooking the secondaries and basically just run two 2b and have the look of two 4b. Try two 500cfm carbs...just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back