Anyone build a rod that is not a t bucket using a t bucket frame?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev93

Just wondering if someone out there used a t bucket frame with a different body for their build. Trying to get some ideas on what I can use if I can't find a steel body for my frame.

Buddy of mine had a '34 Ford pick up cab on a T-bucket frame...rear wheels were right up against the back of the cab...it DID NOT look right!

Thats what I am worried about. I hope someone out there has some pics of one so I can take a look at it.

Look at DMW56's 51 Ford F1 build. I've got the same frame he used. A 27 B.B.C. T-bucket frame. I actually want my rear tires to rub my butt! Keeps it warm in the winter with no heat! [cl

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3567

You guys act like there's something wrong with that look?? [S :confused: :(

If your worried about the look then use a different type of frame! I thought that look was the whole idea behind the short w.b. of a T-bucket frame???

my T sedan is on a bucket frame. The only thing that is "off" about it is the fact that the firewall had to be recessed for the motor. I bought the project the way it is. And am happy with it.

I used a 27 T bucket frame kit from speedway for my truck build. I cut the back off though and added length to accommodate the bed and fuel cell..

Can you just add a middle section to lengthen it to accomodate whatever body you want? The hard parts are the front and back ends, adding some in the middle shouldn't be too bad.

i really don't understand what is being said here. if you want it longer, why don't you just build a frame. if you can cut up and lengthen it, you can surely make one the length you need. i have seen so many "build your own frame" articles and plans that there is no reason not to just make your own the way you want it. also, you save money from buying a frame to just buying the tubing. most of the price of products is in the labor to make it. the price of the steel to make a frame is nowhere near what a bought frame cost. don't tell me you can't do it either!! if you can weld and cut the tubing, you can build the frame!!!! also, if you build one yourself, you will see that almost all frames that are sold are basically a t frame. the main rails have kick ups in the rear and if you want it to sit lower in the front, just kick it up there. if you need frame rails to be wider than a t frame, just put outriggers on the side.
HEY, GROW SOME HAIR ON YOUR BALLS AND BUILD A FRAME!!! :):)
http://www.tbucketeers.com/topic/6135-build-your-own-t-bucket-chassis/
http://tbucketplans.com/

Anyone thinking about building a fenderles truck should study DMW's truck. That thing is one of best,if not the best, examples of a fenderles truck around.

That's exactly what I said to do! Build another or check out the punkin chunker! Don't know if he took the advice or not??? I don't believe so???

Granted - Ours is the longer 128 inch big block 27 T frame and yours is the shorter 108" 23. Even so - just graft in some additional length.

I need to modify mine alot because I need more than the 10" kick up it has now. Nothing wrong with making a few changes to what you have though.

Thunder

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back