Anyone catch Hot Rod Television this morning ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixtall

Caught an interesting episode of Hot Rod TV this morning. 19 year old kid goes tin-hunting and builds a '28 Roadster on a '32 frame. Nice to see a 19 year old building something other than a fart-piped Civic. The build was enjoyable to watch, but the part that turned me on most was the parts hunt at the beginning.

thats a good episode it was on last summer too! the parts hunting was the best it amazes me just how much usable stuff is just laying out there waitin for me! gotta go. ha! dp1

i agree

i have to agree man iots good to see a kid get involed in old tin,, one of the reasons i like rat rods , is that kids can touch it, with proper tetnis shots:D, but when they go to cars shows cruise night or what ever its alway dont touch that dont lean on that,, cant be much fun for them,, well i had this big ideal to keep kids interested in the cars,, cause they are the future of car building,, its got to be a fun interest to them,, so i build this 53 chevy p/u,, and i founf some paint that was black,, chalk board black,, you can paint it on the wall and take chalk and right on it,, and painted my truck,, well i was going to take it to the car shows with some chalk and give it to kids, and say design my paint for me,, well one day a guy came along and offered me a running and driving 69 caddy convertible,, well traded, but anyway ,, that was the plan,, cause , i believe, that cars are suppose to be fun,, not a religion or somnething, as it has become,, so i want to be incouraginn to kids to use their imaginations and continue the love and passion for the art of car building,, ( of course there was the side effect i had to remember to tell them not to do other folks car the way they did mine, lol:eek::D) any ways here a pic of that truck

Attachments

• smilingrats_edited.jpg
    smilingrats_edited.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 40
Rev Tex.... you've got the right idea. You wrote what I was thinking. I've got an 11 year old girl that's quite interested in old stuff, but my 10 year old son hasn't warmed up to dad's hobby yet. Hope he will some day. As for young'uns getting into the hobby, I believe this is the place to start. Encouraging them to crawl under and touch old iron is a good teacher. By the way, nice old truck in the photo. I like it. As for the chalk, I came home one day to find my old '92 Dakota "flamed" by my daughter and her friend. Still smile over that one.

I havr thought about doing mine with chalkboard paint and let the kids draw all over it,like flames,scallops,unicorns:p. How does it hold up to water if you wash it? All I can find around here is pint cans of it.
Tim

I havr thought about doing mine with chalkboard paint and let the kids draw all over it,like flames,scallops,unicorns:p. How does it hold up to water if you wash it? All I can find around here is pint cans of it.
Tim

My daughter used sidewalk chalk on mine. Eventually comes off with rain, unless you want it off sooner.

Tim

hold up pretty good, its oil base , i brushed it on but you can spray it,, when ya wash it , it coes back bright, it realy a good paint for blacking one out, not to sure how gas and such effect it,,, the cool thing is its washable ,, new fdesigns each time, well i had 2 pints that where paln for the church, but we didnt use it,, so i dont know it ya can get it in gallons,,, however one pint covered my truck cab, and that was brushing it on

Latest posts

Back