anyone else adicted to personal plates

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous nut

99 gmc 3/4ton-----n2o nut
85 gmc 1/2ton-----nos nut
41 rat p.u. -----1941rat
myPlate-new.gif

anyone have a number for a help line for this :D

You have to get a list from your state DMV - - I tried to get one for my bike that had 4 Q's, but it was denied - - Go figure. I had one for my 4-wheel drive '69 El Camino that said LANSHRK [ land shark] but most people thought it said loan shark - - and being in Nev. I always got questioned about it by our finest.

I get a kick out of trying to figure out what the hell some of them mean. Mine's pretty simple. "tatrat". It draws mucho attention to my business!

I'd say the most thought provoking plate I've ever seen said PRAYNOW. If it were on the back of a rod instead of a minivan it would carry a completely different meaning.:D

The other one was from an email. Plate said "IWANTA" above the HUMMER name insignia.;)

Someone I knew years ago had one....."LYDEMUP"
Another one said...."ICULQQN"
I also heard rumor of one around N.Alabama...."PHUQ2"

Take them for what they may be.......
I also like to play the game of trying to figure out what in the world they say.

racer93

Had the follow plates.
RACER 93
SPDEMON (speed demon)

Bike plates I have had.
NOEVO
SIKHD ( little did I realize everyone that knows me thought it was Sik Head not Sik Harley Davidson.)
My current plate TLAW (someone had my name already on a bike plate so what the hell let's do it backwards.)
My wife has HR 13 on her car (initials and softball number) I had to tell her what the number 13 is usaully associated with.

Her bike tag is BADQT (bad cutie).

I once had a dentist that had this tag 2TH DR (tooth doctor) and there is a car I pass going to work that says ICMENU ,how that got by the BMV I will never know

Last edited:
vanity plates

I don't want anyone to remember my plate, in case I've unintentionally cut them off or otherwise got on their bad side! :eek: Therefore, the nondescript letters and numbers issued me do me just fine.

On the other hand, here in Maryland, you can run year-matching vintage tags on a hot rod. I've done it twice. Very cool.

440shorty

Latest posts

Back