Anyone ever used this set up??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano1938

I have access to an 88 ranger 2wd, it has a twin I beam suspension. I was woundering if anyone has ever used this set up. I will be in stalling it onto my 38 chrysler.

Wadda ya think

Deano1938

may not be what you want to hear...but i'll give my 2 cents....
i would not use it...being a ford guy from since i could drive i've seen way too many fords with camber issues, and lowering them is harder b/c of the seperate beams...they really don't look that good to me from a asthetic standpoint..sometimes cheap parts (or even free) wind up costing more than their worth...:eek:

with all that negativity towards the subject, i'll go ahead and tell you now that i wasn't trying to be mean. ugly or anything like that- just answering your question w/ MY OPINION..build it your way-i'll still watch the build thread!!:D

may not be what you want to hear...but i'll give my 2 cents....
i would not use it...being a ford guy from since i could drive i've seen way too many fords with camber issues, and lowering them is harder b/c of the seperate beams...they really don't look that good to me from a asthetic standpoint..sometimes cheap parts (or even free) wind up costing more than their worth...:eek:

with all that negativity towards the subject, i'll go ahead and tell you now that i wasn't trying to be mean. ugly or anything like that- just answering your question w/ MY OPINION..build it your way-i'll still watch the build thread!!:D

No offense taken thanks for the replie.

ranger

I am doing that now but with a 84 2wd putting a 52 f1 on it with a 50 flathead inline 6. so far have no plans on lowering it Just want to have fun putting it all together and putt around town. Hope your project works out for you.

52 fordman

52 F1 ford

This is a 52 ford F1 sitting on a 1984 Ranger frame with a 1950 flathead 6 motor and trans. The motor mount is real close to the stearing gear box, the front cab mounts are close to the frame cab mounts.

This is what i have been able to do in a few months.

52 fordman

Attachments

• DSCF0269.JPG
    DSCF0269.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back