Anyone hurricane preparing ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

We here in SW Florida have become pretty lax about worrying about hurricanes, they usually don't hit here. But Charlie and a couple of others did change some of that thinking. :eek:

I'm getting ready to run out to the store because the news says the shelves are already being picked clean of some items. I am not going to go nuts, just some canned tuna, canned veggies, beans, stuff like that which can be eaten without cooking, or on the gas grille we have at the shop. Might fill up my gas tank too.

Any of you other guys in Florida, Lousiana, Texas, etc doing anything ?

Don

i may have to go down to mobile to get the grandaughter, who is going to school at asms.

I just got back from the grocery store. Hurricanes bring out the animal in people ! :eek: The shelves are already being emptied of water, canned meats, ice, etc. I would hate to see what would happen if Armegedon ever comes ! :eek: You can bet people would be shooting other people over a loaf of bread.

Don

Noone's panicking in Nawlins yet.. (btw, anyone else hearing Isaac Hayes singing Shaft as they look at the Isaac maps on the weatherchannel site?:rolleyes: Hmm? ok, maybe just this nutcase :D )

I'll be watching it's progress but won't be concerned till I see it's projected path and strength on Monday after it's passed Florida. Regardless of that, I'll just make sure the '53, the cat and me are parked on high ground if it decides to visit our town. I am well outside New Orleans proper on the West Bank of the great Muddy Mississippi where the elevations are Not below sea-level. [cl

My sister left for Tampa this morning for a holiday...............she's tough............not so sure she is that tough!

I saw a '75 Impala this afternoon. Brown....4 doors... Alabama tags!

I don't think he's running from the weather. However, plywood's on sale and the crops are coming in. :D

Nothing new here in central FL. Might go pick up some gas for the grill this weekend, but that's about it. I am going to make sure my grass is cut & the pool is cleaned out.
I'll be Arkansas all next week - leaving Sunday night. My wife grew up in Florida so she knows the drill. She said she'll be fine.
I'll be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the storm will travel up the west coast just brushing Florida with a lot of rain and a few gusts, but will drive right up through Louisiana or Mississippi and blast me in Little Rock :eek:

I can't believe how crazy people are going even up here in central fl it is almost like the end of th world.

Being in the center of the state unless it is a cat 3 or bigger we don't ave much to worry about ther than bad storms and possible tornadoes which are common every afternoon

I can't believe even here they are already wiping out water and supplies.

I have a generator bunch of canned goods and a pool we will be fine. Lol

My wifes son lives in the Tampa Bay area and he's watching the weather, i live in Ky, we just watch for tornados. We lived in Cape Coral when Andrew tore through Homestead....... decided to move back north.

The forecast models depict it's eye aiming for Mobile, but hurricanes are not entirely that predictable once they enter the Gulf. None the less I will be monitoring it and hoping that it doesn't become a strong storm and it's impacts are minimal wherever it makes landfall.

To all potentially in it's path, be wise, alert and safe.

Regards,
RC

Latest posts

Back