Anyone know who this is? Caught on security camera

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Yesterday I had a guy call and ask to look at my merc that I have for sale. I told him I could show it to him at 8am this morning because I had stuff to haul all day today and would be leaving by 9am. I called him at 8:40 after he never showed and I left a message on his voicemail at 8:40. He never called back but showed up unannounced at 1:30. He then proceeded to go thru the merc without so much as knocking on the door.

The pics don't show nearly the detail that the video does. He's a older man, grey hair and beard, and was wearing a wore out green shirt with holes in it. My wife surprised him when she walked out the door.

Thru the brief conversation my wife had with him he told her that his car was just three years newer then mine. That would make his a 49. My wife said his car looked like a kit car but she wasn't sure. It's some kind of coupe tho. It's torques in color and is very quite. My wife said it had a funky hood ornament and had a V8 badge on the fender behind the wheel.

CAA017CA-5865-4D0C-8C4E-DC224894A110-294-000000168F8BBAAD.jpg

2CB756E5-8897-4B2C-9CE8-79C0619E69D3-294-000000167FFF8703.jpg

The guy I talked to claimed to be from Jonesboro IN.

He didn't do anything illegal but who's to say he wouldn't of if my wife hadn't surprised him. I just don't like the idea of someone showing up after I told them I wouldn't be home.

Thanks

Probably harmless, but why wouldn't he have the sense to knock first? I've stopped and walked around a for sale car, but looks like that guy was wanting under the hood.

Uh.... don't tell people you won't be home at a certain time.

Last edited:
He got under the hood and in the trunk before my wife knew he was there. And he won't answer his phone now either.

Goggle his number to find out who he is. If I get strangers at the door (peddlers), I hold my cellphone up to take a picture. The dishonest ones run away.

A good friend of mine in Texas had a nice 65 Chevy shortbed for sale. Some guy called and was very interested. After he gave the guy directions to his house he made a huge screw up. He told the guy to come in the evening because he wouldn't be home until then. When he got home, the 65 was gone, never found it.

Yeah, don't say anything about when you will or won't be there.

I told a guy that he could come look at a truck I had for sale after 8pm or before 11am since I was at work during that time. He showed up around 3pm, the thing he didn't know is that I work from home. When he heard my 12 ga pump I think he crapped his pants and started in on why he was early. Told him that it would be best if he just leave. You just never know what kind of people you are going to be dealing with. If they are coming to your home to look at something, trust no one and be prepared to do what you need to.

I told a guy that he could come look at a truck I had for sale after 8pm or before 11am since I was at work during that time. He showed up around 3pm, the thing he didn't know is that I work from home. When he heard my 12 ga pump I think he crapped his pants and started in on why he was early. Told him that it would be best if he just leave. You just never know what kind of people you are going to be dealing with. If they are coming to your home to look at something, trust no one and be prepared to do what you need to.

buying or selling
i always have the .357mag snubby as a oh-no-you-dont device.
nobody has ever even known it was there.
but it gives me peace of mind

Well the guy finally had the balls to call me back. As soon as I questioned him about his actions he hung up on me. But.... I believe I have found out who he is from a fellow hot rodder in my area. If its who I believe it is he us a local car business owner and should know better then to do what he did.

Everybody speaks 12 gauge ;)

Latest posts

Back