Anyone Want A Taxi?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echnidna

Anyone Want A Taxi?

Being the festive season we must take extra care with all the after work drinkies...

Especially at this time of the year, when the random breath tests come up with great regularity.

I would like to share a personal experience with you, my closest friends, about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years. A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before; I took a cab home.

Sure enough, I passed a police RBT but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage!

Isn't it funny.....??

Many states in the US have banned roadside drinking and driving check points as unconstitutional.....Michigan is one of them.....we cannot set up check points for catching drunk drivers....just an FYI.....for whatever it's worth.....

Truth be known, I'd rather be three sheets to the wind than ride with some of the "qualified" cab drivers I've seen. :rolleyes:

Many states in the US have banned roadside drinking and driving check points as unconstitutional.....

So... the rights of the innocent are less constitutional than the rights of the drunken? That makes sense. [S

Yep....I can only imagine that some Representative or

Michigan senator's son or daughter or wife or whomever got stopped and arrested on a check point.....so...the laws changed....
Zolton Ferency was a law maker in Michigan.....he is the one that started the laws regarding use of Radar to charge speeders....his nephew got ticketed by the Michigan state police and he defended his nephew and got the case thrown out because there was no requirements to "calibrate" radar units.....so they were not deemed accurate....or so sayeth Ferency...he was a political activist and rabble rouser in his days in the Michigan senate...sort of like a white Al Sharpeton...

"License and registration"....

"Exthschuuuthsh Me oflishure but thitht ish un ileegular schtop Am i under Arresht or Am I free to go.....go Weeeeeeeee!"

Yep.....so did we when we could do them...

We still can use "Sobriety Check Points", we get more people on warrants than dui!
Dui, Suspended, warrants, parole obsonders, dead beat dads.....got a ton of them.....now, we have special details to go out on warrants...the county does the child support pickups and we get the DUI's (OWI's here) Suspensions and such on normal patrol.....but yet we can do seat belt enforcement zones....???... I'm rambling.....sorry....

Latest posts

Back