Anyones neighbor ever.....?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hello All.

Just wondering cause while looking at the build picks I noticed a lot of people on here live in wat looks like some very nice, pricey neighborhoods, so does yer neighbors ever get upset that you have an old rusty ryde in yer driveway or ask you wat the world yer thinkin?

I live in the country so I dont have that issue. Just curious? RR:D

I used to live in Ottawa Ont. Canada but I moved out to the sticks with no neighbors so now the world can live in peace. I love my neighbors as long as I cant see them from my backyard.

I had to put up a privacy fence so the neighbors would stop complaning. and it wasent my cars it was my kids toys they complained about.

Once a neighbor down the street came down & said something about one of my cars & I told him to bite me. I said if he ever came to my house again, he'd be very, very sorry and asked if I was clear. I guess i was because I never had any trouble with any of my neighbors again and he never ever as much as looked me in the eye again. Good thing!

Toad

My neighbors like my rides & don't even mind the occasional loud engine @ 2am. Tho I try to keep that to weekends. :D

I have 2 1/2 acres. When I built the house 14 years ago I planted 1,200 trees and shrubs. My neighbors on either side cannot see my house or garages. Only a few neighbors even know I have cars.

only all of em

all of mine hate old cars........exept for a chevy lover accross the street.....(Im a ford guy)... so he makes it a point to do big ole smoky burnouts in front of MY mail box. and I politly cover them up with my verry own as soon as he puts his up. ....WE have only been doing this for about 20 years...........and have spoken MAYBE 3 times in those 20yrs.... WHO ever said we gotta grow up?. so Im sure All of our other naighbors really love it when we Happen to have both of em apart. the naighbor next to me complained about my junk so I imidieatly put 12 cars right down the property line( No fence )which happens to be only about 15 feet from HIS bedroom n /living room.... no complaints since....guese he got the mesage.....Sammy

Attachments

• HPIM0786.jpg
    HPIM0786.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 135
I don't live in a pricey neighborhood but I do have close neighbors. I keep my junk inside and my keep my place up nice and we get along fine. The previous owner of my house was not very well liked and I think that helps too.

My nearest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away, no complaints. But I'm moving to a neighborhood in about 2 months. Hope they like old cars!!![ddev..CR

No problems here. The guy across the street has a machine shop and restores tractors. A guy about 6 houses has a shop restores cars, hard telling what you will see on this dead end street.[ddev
Tim

I try to be as orderly as possible even though my neighbors are good people. My grass is mowed and my dogs are quiet. The only things outside are a trailer and an old truck I haven`t yet started on. If you make an effort to keep it clean and show a little pride in your home and garage then there should be no problems.

Oh yeah I forgot...

Doesn`t hurt to have a shooting range in the back field either. Cuts down on any complaints...

Oh my gosh, I had been in my house for about 1 year (around 2002). I had a old Grand Am that I was racing at the local dirt track. I was trying to figure out a fuel issue so I was racing it around my yard (I have almost 2 acres), the guy across the street comes across to my yard (with his wife beater tee shirt on) and threatens to kill me if I run the car again, I had supposedly gotten dust on his 15 year old Toyota Corrolla. His viens on his neck were standing out...I was scared to say the least...Not a really nice way to meet the man but hey, the guy just doesnt get the red neck way of life I guess. The other next door neighbors dont really say much. My current fleet includes 2 ratty Willys jeeps, 1 rat Chevy truck, and 2 Dodge Neon racecars. The most fun is waving and smiling to this guy when he leaves his driveway. ( he must think I am a wack job for sure) :))))

Had a nosey neighbour ask me one time if I had a building permit ........ I said yes, it's right here on the end of my boot and if you don't get the ( bleep ) off my property I'll let you look at it up close. Never stuck his nose in my business again.

Some neighbors hate me, some dont mind. The grumpy old man next door hates me, says he's going to call the cops on me for "running an illegal business" because I do a LITTLE side work here and there for other people.

I haven't had an issue at the house I am in now, but used to get into it with the landlord for changing my oil in the parking lot, or rotating my tires. Currently I am surrounded by gearheads seemingly. The guy accross the street drag races, has 5 Mustangs including a 71 Boss Mustang that runs high 8's pushing just under 900HP, the guy beside him races crotch rockets so has a decent little collection of bikes around all the time, the guy directly around the corner has a restored Model A Sedan and is working on restoring a Model T Coupe... there are a few more within a two block circle. I do get some weird looks from my neighbor spending as much time as i do in the garage though...

I had the cops pull up when I was pulling the cab and bed off my rusty bullet riddled 37 ford PU and thought for sure I was getting a ticket over complaints or something......... they just wanted to see what it was. I think most people are just curious. It helps if you have a completed project so they know it won't look the way it does for long.

Latest posts

Back