APB for Don of Dons Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickmk

Rebel Rodder
Anyone heard from Don lately? The Turkey Rod Run starts tomorrow and I know he goes every year. I'll be there on Friday.

I hope he's been busy with his Mustang project and hasn't had time to get online. I haven't seen him over on the Pork, either....:confused:

I've heard Florida is flat... maybe he went to the coast and fell off?

Seriously, I've noticed less and less participation on every forum/board I belong to and visit, including "The Other White Meat" Bama mentioned. (It's sad to "lose" valued members along with their knowledge and experience.)

If you see him at the Turkey Run, mav, please give our best to Don...

I've heard Florida is flat... maybe he went to the coast and fell off?

Seriously, I've noticed less and less participation on every forum/board I belong to and visit, including "The Other White Meat" Bama mentioned. (It's sad to "lose" valued members along with their knowledge and experience.)

If you see him at the Turkey Run, mav, please give our best to Don...

If my memory serves me correctly, he usually sets up in the same spot. I will definitely be looking for him and his sons.

If you want an eye opening, sobering experience, open a long thread that started years ago. Look at the names and you will see that many members have come and gone, Sad but true.

Don introduced me to RRR. I'm very grateful. He better have a good excuse for being away.

You are exactly right Bob W. Many members have come and gone during the time I've been here. You always wonder what happened to them, especially if they were very active and then just vanished.....[S:confused:

Yeah, hope all is well with him. I also notice less activity on forums and I'm guilty of spending more time on facebook. RRR is still the only bunch that don't just generally alloy the crap out of me though. Oh, and the 47 & earlier guys on FTE.

You know, I'm an old curmudgeon, but I just don't care for facebook that much. I don't have many friends on there, and some of the ones I do post or like somebody's pics or such, and I end up seeing pics of people I have no idea of who the heck they are.[S Then there's the fact that you look at something, go back later and it's gone.:confused: And right in the middle of posts, up pop a sponsored or suggested post or site, 99% of the time I care nothing about it, but if you do click on it and try to go back where you were, you have to start at the top again.

I much prefer a forum board such as this. At least I can follow the conversation, and later on, if I want to look at a pic or read something again, it's there if I search for it.

You know, I'm an old curmudgeon, but I just don't care for facebook that much. I don't have many friends on there, and some of the ones I do post or like somebody's pics or such, and I end up seeing pics of people I have no idea of who the heck they are.[S Then there's the fact that you look at something, go back later and it's gone.:confused: And right in the middle of posts, up pop a sponsored or suggested post or site, 99% of the time I care nothing about it, but if you do click on it and try to go back where you were, you have to start at the top again.

I much prefer a forum board such as this. At least I can follow the conversation, and later on, if I want to look at a pic or read something again, it's there if I search for it.
I have avoided FB for years. I don't need to know every detail of everyone's life. I finally broke down and created an account so I could get in on a pool cue selling group. Now I have friends I have tried to avoid, and lots of junk mail every day. Oh well, I guess its a sign of the times. I prefer the forums much more, also.

I like fb because I keep in touch with friends I have scattered all over the country and I wouldn't hear from them otherwise. The suggested posts are annoying, just resist the temptation to open them because they are mostly ads. I end up unfollowing half the people I friend because they post too much political or useless drivel or hateful stuff. Even some of my own kids got unfollowed (shh, don't tell them)

I'm on FB but I've greatly limited the number of friends. Some of whom I don't even know. But they post great pics of hot rods. My ultra liberal sister, and some others post dozens of times a day, mostly political and eco stuff. On every post there is a faint "v" in the upper right corner. By clicking on it options are available. Rather than unfollowing my sister I select Hide Post and go on my merry, never having to see the post again. And I don't lose my sister as a friend and hurt her feelings

They don't know you unfollow them, not the same as unfriending. They can still comment on your posts.

Exactly...now you don't have to know every small detail of their day! I'm glad you woke up...That's a good breakfast...Have fun at work today...blah, blah:D

Latest posts

Back