April Cartoon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
o.jpg

This month's cartoon isn't very funny. It isn't sarcastic or biting like a lot of cartoons.
Today I received 2 emails informing me that 2 work buddies had died, one from lung cancer and one in a motorcycle accident. Last week I went to a service for another work buddy. Yep, some of us old guys are leaving. Last month 4 or 5 prominent rodders/drag racers left too.
I hope this cartoon reminds the old guys among us to share our experience and skills with the kids in our families and neighborhoods to keep the love of old cars alive and well far into the future.

Great thought Bob. I sure wish I could find a kid that I could interest in hot rods. I've got a lot to share with a kid. Not much knowledge but a lot of good times hotrodding. Most of the ones that I talk to around here are tuner boys. HB

Harley Boy, You've got alot more to share than Hot Rods and it doesn't have to be with a "kid"! You have shared more with me than most other men in my life and I know that you are still "mentoring" folks everyday, just living life. Keep doing what you are doing, and you can feel assured that you are touching lives DAILY!! Love you brother!

Thanks Darkhorse, but I don't think I deserve all the kudos.

Peggy and I met an 18 year old boy on a mission trip to Honduras that wanted to be educated in the USA. We brought him over here to live with us and we put him in the local community college (which is all we could afford) for 2 years. I just knew that I had a buddy that would love to learn about cars and beat around the junk yards with me. As it turns out music is his one desire. I work in the garage for 5 or 6 hours and he sits in the house and plays the piano. I've done about everything that I know to get him interested but to no avail. Every now and then I will come in and tell him that I need him to hold something or help me for a few minutes and he is glad to help but as soon as I thghten what ever it was he is right back in the house. He doesn't even ask any questions about what I'm doing. I think I have a really cool Model A and we were out cruising in it and he says "Hey dad, look a Tiberone" that's some kind of Handai. He really is a great kid and we love him very much. He's just not a car guy. Well, enough of my sad story. I'm suppose to be Mr. Sunshine so everybody SMILE. Harleyboy

Harleyboy, Oh YES you do deserve kudos. Supporting kids in their interests when you don't have the same interests takes extra effort and understanding. Way to go!

Latest posts

Back