Army desert rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well got my floor pans all tacked in,, just like a little bit then well them all up solid!! GETTIN CLOSER!!!!!!:cool:

Attachments

• DSC00374.JPG
    DSC00374.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00424.JPG
    DSC00424.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00373.JPG
    DSC00373.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00425_edited.JPG
    DSC00425_edited.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 26
heres afew more,, and if ya wondering, all the floor pan metal all came from old hood we pulled off wrecks,, free for me,!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00426_edited.JPG
    DSC00426_edited.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00425_edited.JPG
    DSC00425_edited.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 30
ITS ALIVE!!!

well guys i fired it up and drove about 20 feet,, just temp wiring and gas, it ran good,, but its to low it drags!!!!i got to jack it up, the trans crossmember is not as high now that i got the weight on it,, i believe i can jack up the front with more springs, anways here how she looks setting in the drive !!!!:D

Attachments

• DSC00428.JPG
    DSC00428.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 88
How about bigger tires in the back? Can't tell what's on there, but I'll bet it could handle something much taller. Might be a easy fix. A set of Wilderness A/T's are like 12" wide tread (don't recall the height) and can be ground into WWW. A lot of times truck guys get rid of 'em before a lot of the tread is even gone. Just rambling....

Rev, she looks great, Your truck has a great stance. Its good to hear that it ran great.

cool rev, great that you got to her her run :D

Rev.
That look 2 cool. Maybe you won't have to raise it up to far.

really looks good.

You have a great gift in your building abilities Rev.......that ol rig is a prooven fact with your tallents.:D Keep up the great work.

Maximo

How about bigger tires in the back? Can't tell what's on there, but I'll bet it could handle something much taller. Might be a easy fix. A set of Wilderness A/T's are like 12" wide tread (don't recall the height) and can be ground into WWW. A lot of times truck guys get rid of 'em before a lot of the tread is even gone. Just rambling....

thanks guys,, ,,

yeah sam was thinkoing the same thing, i got 31's on it ; if i could find some t35's would be enuff,, i put some more springs on the front gave me a little more, and also modified the trans mount,, so i got about anothe 1.5 inches , but 2 more would be great

well got my gril chopped down and headlights mounted,, started wiring it up too,, man i am getting really excited!!!:D:D:D

Attachments

• headlights and grill.JPG
    headlights and grill.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 38
  • hag2.JPG
    hag2.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
  • hag1.JPG
    hag1.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 56
hey Rev
Just read the whole thread. GREAT JOB!!! I would say you have IMPROVISED very well. Keep up the good work. When you get it runnin post a video on youtube for us.
TW9Y GEORGIA

ok got a little done 1 not as much as i would have liked to, had to work in all this pretty weather!:( but heres some pics mof my 20 buck fuse panel i built

Attachments

• fuespan1.JPG
    fuespan1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 30
  • fusepan2.JPG
    fusepan2.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 25
  • fusepan3.JPG
    fusepan3.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 24
test drive tomorrow!!!!

well shes all wired , and plumbed,, and running good,, not going to post no more pics, till i get my you tube video of me going down the road,,, :cool:

well shes all wired , and plumbed,, and running good,, not going to post no more pics, till i get my you tube video of me going down the road,,, :cool:

well i know i said no more pics ,, but cant seem to get no one to take a video for ,me:mad: so here she is guys, finished,, been driving her since saturday!!

Attachments

• finpic.JPG
    finpic.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 58
Congrats Rev, she looks great! Stand back, take a sigh of relief and enjoy the pride and sense of self accomplishment on a job well done. Savor it!!
a sign of relief is right!!!! thanks
Man that looks good!

Ya need to fix those skinny white walls though :): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPsZATp4I7E&feature=related
yeah sam i am think about making somewhite walls
That looks great, Rev Tex! :cool: Hope you're REALLY happy with how all your hard work has turned out!

I'm always impressed to see what guys can do in a true grassroots environment (like their driveway). :)

Now drive the wheels off of it! :D

Regards,
Shea:)
thanks

Latest posts

Back