at the salvage yard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
vanthing.jpg

vanthing2.jpg

what is that?

Probably a Divco Milk Truck.

People like them for some reason.. I got some pretty weird tastes, but those things never did anything for me..

I did have a milkman come to my home in one back in the 60s, We actually left the back door open for him, and he put a couple gallons in the refridg Tues and Tursdays.. I can't imagine leaving the house open today!! Strange and different times..

PA41

It looks like it could be an older version of the same make as this one I found on Craigslist today. A 1950's IH Metro Mite. This thing is awesome! If I had $650 It would be parked next to my F1 Ford by Monday. People like em because they are vintage and have character. At least that's why I like em. Not to mention you can haul about anything in one.

Thunder

Attachments

• 50's Metro Mite Panel Van $650.jpg
    50's Metro Mite Panel Van $650.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
this place was 30 acres of stuff like this -- cabs every where all shapes makes and sizes -- pricey though - didnt buy anything except the hood i was after (intentionally left the trailer home) since i dont have room right now.. got a guy about 40 minutes from here that just bought a piece of land that he said has about 30 old cars and trucks -- he sounded real excited to have someone that might be interested in taking a few off his hands -- says he wants them off his land and hes about to call someone to trashem - dont know where ill put them but ill figure something if it all works out --

ill put up some pictures soon to see what you guys think would be my best bets... motivating me to do my tax return stuff though thats for sure.

if you dont mind

where might one find this here salvage yard?

also post pic of the cars this other guy has maybe someone else might need some of it.

wayway

the salvage yard is in seguin, tx
theres actually a website for it but if i may say so -- the site does visiting the place no justice at all....
http://johnssalvagecompany.com

the guy with the land is about 30 min. outside of Corpus Christi, TX
he only sent me "the pictures he had" but ill be sure to take a camera
and put them up ... and if anyone needs anything we can figure out a way to get it out to them...
PICT0014.jpg

check out in that barn -- im excited.
PICT0016.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

i need the passenger window and that mirror of that one right there... crazy how things seem to work out like that for lots of people on this site...
if i dare say -- maybe God (or whatever) has a special place in the heart for ratrodders :)

one more funny thing-- my fiance had never been to a salvage yard like this EVER --- shed been to ones in Houston etc that are specialized in late model cars and so on -- well- she decided that as soon as we get our house on our own property (probably a little less than a year or so if things work ) she wants to decorate it with cars and trucks etc -- said she wanted steering columns coming out of the ground ... an old grill/radiator fence -- etc .. i just told her you decorate however you want if that means i can bring home as many cars as i want... man i love this girl more every day

yup -- its no smoking now -- they had had pictures of the fire etc in the office -- i would say that they themselves probably arent really sure what they lost...
the place is a labyrinth of 2 and 3 stacked autos for a claimed 30 acres ... the paths to drive down are a hair bigger than the shop trucks it was something else.... i opend the trunk of a 50s pontiac just because and found a roller skate and big empty bottle of booze guess we can figure how that car got there -- that sounds like a party to me.

Next time your out there at both places take more pics looks like alot of usable parts at both locations. Talk to the guy who want to get rid of the cars on his land to sell off everything before scraping with an equal profit made by both of you. Junk yard prices seem to be the same as every one else no real deals I can see.

Cantwell, I know that place like the back of my hand. Me and my friends call it Candyland. John's Salvage is the name of it. A couple of years ago I posted a whole mess of pics from there including that Divco you posted. I bought a 39 Dodge pick up from there last year. Still working on it. Just got a 41 Dodge Pickup today. I'll be using the bed, front fenders, and other assorted items.

Let me look back in my posts and I'll get you all the posting with all the pics.

yup thats the place....

the picture i posted were from a guys (he took the pictures_weather been crap here since ive been off work so i havent made it out there yet)
but he also gave me a "negotiable" price list that i wanted to post and see how everyone felt about the prices ie too much -- average-- buy that up now...
Will take any thing on trade or buy now pay later,
Different prices. Like the 65 Chevy is complete and not too bad, has motor and trans. about 2500.00. The 47 Chevy coupe 2,800.00 The one good 47 to 54 P/U Chevy cab that is in really good shape 1,000.00 Someone already wants it. I think it is sold. the white plymouth runs and is complete original Eng. and trans. 800.00 the dodge 500.00 nego. the white Nash rambler also is complete orig. Eng and trans. 600.00 El camino Chevy. 450.00 Other 47 to 54 Chevy cabs p/u 475.00 ea. The 49 to 51 fords shoe box fords the better one 475.00 to 200.00 53 Chevy convertible 1200.00 Lots of other parts. Fenders, doors, hoods. wheels, Make me a decent offer on anything or will take trade on anything...

im definately interested in that plymouth that "runs?"
and i want 2 pick up cabs for my next project --- so lemme know about the prices.

Cantwell,
I think John still has that 1941 Ford Pick up for $1200. If you know of any one that wants a 51 Chevy pick up on an S-10 frame let me know. I have one in my back yard. it's complete cab, bed, and front fenders and nose are welded for a tilt. My son-in-Law will let it go for a song. The weather should be breaking this weekend. You need to make a trip there. And don't forget to pack lunch, you'll be there all day.

Latest posts

Back