Att:Kentucky Car Clubs. Meeting 3-20-10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebstew

"]
scan.jpg

This is something that Carter County Cruisers put on. It's a nice time to meet with other groups. I'm going to try to make it down if anyone wants to tag along.

We've made a few changes this year -

New Location - We're trying the Haldeman/Hays Crossing Community Center ( http://www.hhccommunitycenter.org/Site/Welcome.html ) The center is in the old gym that was spared when Haldeman Elementary burnt down a couple years ago. The local people have come together and brought life back to this building. This is also our way of showing that we're more then a Carter County based club, we have members in Rowan County and we want to include their home county in our activities. We're glad to be here in 2010.

New Date - In the past we've always done our Gathering in mid-February but more then once winter decided it wasn't done with it's mischief yet. So in an attempt to get away from the wintery mess, we're moving into March. Hopefully this will make it better for people who have to travel to this event. While it won't guarantee good cruisin weather, it sure gives us better odds.

Additions - How about a kustom kulture and automotive art exhibition? With a larger venue, we can afford space to make additions to our Gathering. We've discussed finding something everyone would like and the art aspect of the automotive lifestyle keeps coming up. So here's a chance for you paint slingers and metal sculptors to show off your work. It's not a competition, just an exhibition.

The Basic Information - The Gearhead Gathering is a chance for all the car crazy people to meet up before the season kicks into high gear. Clubs can share their schedules for the upcoming year, individuals can learn about local and regional car shows, everyone can visit with old friends as well as meet new ones and business owners can promote their automotive or car show related business.

The Food - Every year the Carter County Cruisers provide the main dish and drinks for those who attend. We encourage our attendees to bring a side dish. The main dish will be good hardy food, we haven't decided just yet what we're fixing but we'll let you know soon.

The Details -

•March 20, 2010
•2PM till 9PM
•Haldeman Hayes Crossing Community Center
•No entry fee , but bring a dish to help out.

Address for the place
4399 Open Fork Road, Morehead, KY

I'm guess'n ratties are welcome!?

Everything is welcome. I'm in a traditional car club and there are a few more around the area but we hang out with everyone. I'm not into the ricer stuff but I won't knock them. We have even seen a few young kids buy old cars because they come around and get influenced by what we are doing. We are trying to bring all the clubs in the area together to get more people and or clubs involved in what is going on localy and state wide. It is nothing for me to drive 200 plus miles on a weekend to get to someone elses cruise in. Be it big or small. It has worked on a small scale here in Northern Ky and we are hoping this year will be a big year to get some of these lawn chair cruise ins more active and the main goal is to get them out of the chair and into the driver seat for some cruising.

:)Sound like full. We will be there. Can't wait. Thank you for telling us about it.

Rat Rods and Rust Queens hope to see you there. You dropped a business card in my 34 a couple years ago about some pics you took. I looked it up on your site and seen the chick struggling to rap herself around my grille shell. LOL.. pretty cool. I think it was at the Beatersville show.

Latest posts

Back