Attn: Donsrods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I used to be in advertising and I learned a long time ago.......put a good looking chick in a bikini next to anything and it will make print! :D:D

George, 35Mastr alerted me to this and I would have missed it otherwise. Fun to see it there though, I have to admit. Now I'm going to try for the cover of House and Gardens.

Don

Congrats Don. You are so right about sex selling. My adopted son from Honduras is doing research on that exact subject for a paper in Sociology at the local community college. I was very upset when he first brought the subject home because it was entitled "What kind of sex is for sale in Jacksonville, N. C." Of course I called her to find out what she was refering to and she said that she means for him to write on how sex sells. In another life of mine I could have made her hair stand on end. Thank God I'm not there anymore. Your car is "The Boss" with or without a bikini girl. I think you and your son do awesome work. Maybe someday I'll be able to get down there and meet you and see your set up. Harleyboy

Very Nice !!!

Hey Don, congratulations on the Sanderson post.
Now, I see some similarities to the photo that, I seem to remember, inspired you to build your "T" ;)

Well done !!!!!!!!! '22

Attachments

• 080223205856-sanibel_pictures_020.jpg
    080223205856-sanibel_pictures_020.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 20
  • desertcar.jpg
    desertcar.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 23
Thanks Guys. Tripper, yep, Field and Stream would be a better call. :D

Harleyboy, I would love the opportunity to meet you. NC isn't all that far, maybe you can go to Turkey Run some November. :) Yes, sex really sells. Any ad that features a good looking girl will stop you in your tracks every time. I played that card when I submitted the picture to Sanderson. I have better pictures of the car, but she adds that special touch to it. You should have seen her in person :eek: (Oh to be young again:mad:)

22Dodge, yep, that is the picture that made me want a car just like that one. I know it is a little rough around the edges, but it just had some coolness factor that grabbed me. I think it was the simplistic approach to everything.

Don

it always seems that i'm late on everything,i was just looking at the sanderson site trying to get some headers for the 4.3 in my rockcrawler when i noticed this awesome rod,i was like that car looks familiar and then i noticed it was Dons,congrats on the pics

Thank you. That was fun for me to see that too. Not the front cover of Rod and Custom, but fun anyway. :D:D

The other thing is that I really am a fan of Sanderson products. I put a set on my '27 over 15 years ago and they have sat in the rain and been driven daily for 7 years and still don't look bad.

Don

Latest posts

Back