Back to Texas?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
:eek::eek::eek:
Well, my daughter is there.
This morning I got a call from a good friend who has a body shop and carlot. He wants to start a wrecker business and wants me to come help him get it set up. Temp salried job and if I want I can stay on and get commission too. I have worked for Charlie and he is a straight up guy and solid.
I really hate to move back south, I hate sweating buckets but I am thinking strongley on this.

East Texas, Air conditioning is fine if you set inside all day. I like being outdoors and there just ain't any enjoyment in being outdoors in ET
I really enjoy winter more than miserable humid heat.

Van, Texas is where I lived before. The shop is in Minneola and my daughter lives near Ben Wheeler.
I do miss the good swap meets and First Monday, don't miss the rust and Imona cars. I do miss clean cars, we get used to mud on everything here from all the ranchers and bentonite trucks coming in off the shale/dirt roads.
I also like the stickshifts and they are much easier to find in S.D. than in Tejas.
I would miss the most about western S.D. is the terrain. I love hiking and being out doors.

Ya can't move til I get me some old Chevy sedans.:D
I watch the Alaska shows that are popular now and regret not working for my uncle in Valdez during summers when I was in high school.
I understand why you love the Black Hills. Gotta be difficult to leave there.

Latest posts

Back