Back

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretsch

I am back. Was on this site end of 2010 soaking up the information and trying to figure out how to/what to acquire in fulfilling the dream of having an old pick'em up truck. Met a heck of a lot of cool people here - wonder if they are still around.
What happened? Well, we had a car die on us, actually burn-up on us (fuse box and wiring harness went up) and had to run out a spend $$$ on something practical so I bottled up my plans and waited. I stopped coming to the site as it turned into a little kid pressed up against the glass of a toy shop window never actually being able to get involved and go inside. I'm back on my war path to get something seriously fun (which won't fall apart and kill me) so will be poking around and trying to learn what I can through I imagine some very annoying questions being they are such common knowledge. I envy you guys who are building from the ground up. As much as I want to say I could do this, I can't. Work schedule just doesn't allow enough time to do what you guys are doing. Toss in $$$ for the equipment and time to learn how to use it, I might as well look forward to something in 30 years around retirement.

However, I do have a lotto ticket for this coming 470 meellion dollar drawing so maybe I will a lot of time on my hands quite soon? :D

At this point I am being honest with myself and think I will focus my attention into getting something that is already drivable from which I can learn with/from, even modify and alter once I gain the knowledge in order to do such.

So I have sometime until I plunk down $$$ but look forward to being around. In the mean time a few questions...

Is anybody here in the Boston/New England area? So many of you seem to be in the heartland.
Is anybody going to be in Worcester for the New England Summer Nats?

Welcome back.
Kotter.jpg

"welcome back!" (cotter?):D

i agree with your statement of practicality on getting something that is drivable & modifying and tinkering along on it -learning as you go...

to build a vehicle from "scratch" is very intimidating-even if it is a rat!:cool:

hi and welcome back

yep it's gabe kotter, arnold horshack, freddy ''boom boom'' washington, juan epstin and vinnie barbrino.

the wife's name was julie and vice principle was woodman.

l watched way to much tv as a kid [P

Later :cool:

Last edited:
Welcome back

Nothing wrong with starting out with a driver. Alot of people underestimate the time that realy goes into building even on a low budget build. Good luck.

Wow. Thanks guys! Quite a few more responses than I was expecting. [cl I'm collecting quite a few images in order to pair down to what I like - I want to be able to hear myself think and not give my dog an aneurism due to cabin noise. I take him everywhere. A bit of comfort would be nice too - don't want to be in a metal seat nor sitting on the floor pan. Drive a BMW mini cooper so am already used to a small cabin. :rolleyes:
Think I may drag my wife to the World Of Wheels show for a few hours in Boston this weekend. They're advertising an Ole Skool section of the show.

Latest posts

Back