Barn find ! 1931 Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLBONES

Found a 1931 Ford sedan in a garage . The guy owned it since 1972. All original. No rust par from some light surface rust .
Now my question to all of you is , What do I do with it.
I am looking for suggestions and ideas from the forum.
Do I cut up an all original rust free car? Do I slide a new updated frame with suspension under it? Flathead 50s setup?
Or maybe something no ones done.
Please help me decide. Currently still working on a chopped and channeled 31 ford sedan that I will be posting soon. Still far from being done. So we have plenty of time to figure out what to do. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME, FLBONES

Attachments

• 31 ford1.jpg
    31 ford1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 31ford2.jpg
    31ford2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 31ford3.jpg
    31ford3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 31ford4.jpg
    31ford4.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 31ford5.jpg
    31ford5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 69
GREAT SCORE. I've got an idea. Sell it to me. You already have one and I don't and I'm right in your neighborhood so I can pick it up easily. :D

:eek:Does the word "restore" ring a bell. Personally here in NC if I found a car in that good of shape for a good price it would go to the restoration shack faster than you could say 31 Ford sedan.
I love hot rods and rat rods as much as the next guy but come on, that's a jewel there.

Just my opinion.:)

I'd turn it right back out the door to the highest bidder... Barrett Jackson that biotch... Ebay it... Somethin... I'd hate to see somethin like that get chopped up... It belongs in a museum...

I agree with most everyone else. It seems a shame to cut up one that is so complete.
We are car lovers above everything else here. As hard as it is for restorers to find one like that, makes that one kind of rare. As a rat it looses it's historical value.
If you have your heart set on a rat, sell it an buy a rusty body with the money.

Great find.

I have to say that is a great find! I am with the majority and say it's way to nice of a car to rat. but you can do what they call a sympathetic restoration. redo the mechanics and only fix what needs fixing and leave the rest alone! that car there is a great start for that. I say do the sympathetic restoration, drive it and let everyone enjoy it!

Killer score!

Arin

no no no

dont cut it up, its way too nice. let me go with you next time your hunting for a car, or let me go to Vegas with you, your so dam lucky ....great find

what ever you do do not turn it into a ratrod. Not that i don't like them but it is way to nice to cut up and start changing stuff on it. wash it wax it and see what you got. if the engine is running or able to run and is the original one keep it that way. People look for finds like this for a life time and never come close. Hell, you just made everyone on this board like you a little less. :D just kidding. :rolleyes:

I would put in a corner and pull up a set and look at it for a while then I would wash it and put it back in the corner and look at it for a while.

I would really take my time with what I wanted to do with it, whatever I decided I would at the minimum make it road worthy and have some fun with it and let it take me in the direction it need to go only my two cent.

I love Rats

Because of their artistic style and awsome horsepower and it's what you do when you CAN'T FIND GOOD STEEL. I agree with everyone here. If you want a rat sell that one to a restorer, you'll make enough to build a dozen or so and some gas money. They say it takes a man to cut one up, but in this case it'd have to be a crazy man and I'd do my best to have you commited. GOOD LUCK WITH IT!!!!!

Too Nice..

I have to agree, that is too nice to mess with. :cool:
Wash it and drive it, enjoy it, then if you want to, sell it.
Once you are driving it, the buyers will be hounding you.
Nice find. '22

Keep it in tact and original is my vote. There is so much history there.
I would wager that if you cleaned it up and put a For Sale sign in it you would be able to fund an entire build with the sale.
I think it is a great find. You did good!
Let us know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back