basic body work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

48chevy

i am fairly new to body work and this is the deepest in i have ever been on a project my 47 chevy will be going down to bare metal i am lookin for some info on how the process goes from when i weld patches in and when i prime and what to use to when i use filler? if anyone knows a place i could look to find a step by step or anyone wants to help me please feel free
thanx in advance

if you need any info i would be glad to help you out, and im sure there are lots of other guys on here that would be glad to help. just remember theres the right way to to do it and the cheap way that wont last !!

48chevy - I just went and got a book or two on bodywork from the bookstore. Best $15 I spent in a while. They'll have pics & details about what types of filler, primers, paints go together, etc. A pic is worth a thousand posts!!

Just don't use "Bondo" brand. Go to the paintstore and get some "Rage" Gold. It's better and easier to work with. A can of Honey is nice to have as well. It will make the filler a little runny and it smooths out nice. Yada, yada, yada.

Latest posts

Back