bead roller questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

hey for some reason around me its hard to find 18 gauge i want to bead roll my floors and i want them to be strong my question is being that most bead roll machines are recommended for 18 gauge, has anyone tried 16 gauge steel? the only 2 choices i have are 16 and 20 gauge which would be better? im using a woodword fab roller

it depends on the floor itself and the size of the panels you are making. if there is bracing that runs under the floor 20 ga is fine, or if they are reasonably small 18 is fine. i wouldnt try to roll 16 ga. it is a bit tough. i would call a major steel provider and get 18 ga.

You can put beads in metal sheet by putting a rod of desired shape under it on a hard surface and tapping it down with a mallet. Might not be pretty enough for show, but it is good for a floor. Definitely will add strength.

Good call Sam Fear. The shape can be further defined by using a dulled chisel to outline the shape beneath the metal. Low tech and works great.
33Chevy

Latest posts

Back