Bear Claw latches

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnout

I am installing my bear claw latches and don't know how I will use the outside door handle to open the door. I have looked online and on speedways site for something that will work with the older handles with the square end on it. The stock door piece had a square reciever where the handle went through it and I thought my new bear claw had the same thing but I was wrong. It just has the 2 round holes one for the inside handle and one for the outside handle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
Scott

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 51
i have a set that are not mounted but the two round holes is for mounting, mine are different from the one pictured but have a arm sticking out to the side for handles to be attached. in order to use your handles the latch will have to be lower then the handle so a rod can be used.

I'll be doing the same thing soon, designing up something that will open the door latch from the outside.

I was going to look at using some of the newer style door handle rods that connect to the latch assemblies

Latest posts

Back