Beer rant

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Ok, when summer hits I like a few good brewskis. A bit of a beer snob but also not well educated on what certain names mean, but I am always trying new stuff. It seems like everything I try is bitter as heck. We're talking $7-$10 a six pack beer. Tonight I tried American Pale Ale from Grand Teton Brewing. $10+ a six pack and so darn bitter I couldn't even finish a bottle.
I used to have some favorites but can't find them around here.
Steinlager, Pilsner Uriquel and Tsing Tao we a few of my favorites. I like the unfiltered wheat beers on tap, can't drink much Bud, Coors, Miller or other domestic commercial swills because they give me headaches and heartburn.

If you have it in your area, Michelob lager is a awesome beer

Attachments

• Michelob.jpg
    Michelob.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 5
I agree with the headache heartburn beers. We have a couple of stores here that sell singles so you don't have to blow your budget on a sixpack you can't finish....always liked Lowenbrau. Not much on Heineken(spelling). Good luck with your search....could become a full time hobby!:eek::D

i like the strong beers like the black and tan, porter, dark lager and heavy ale's , used to do the light lagers like bud and miller but just don't have a taste for them anymore. i used to be able to get little kings cream ale made in ohio and have had some kinasey (spelling) also a ohio beer. every once in a while i'll grab some pabst blue ribbon, the only problem with them after you drink dark beer the lights go down fast.

Ever tried anything from Boulevard Brewing Co.? New Belgium 1554 is good. And if you can find it in your area Zingo Black beer is good.

Now that I think of it its spelled Xingo.

Ever tried anything from Boulevard Brewing Co.? New Belgium 1554 is good. And if you can find it in your area Zingo Black beer is good.

Now that I think of it its spelled Xingo.

Yes, boulevard unfiltered wheat is one of my mainstays for the last 2-3 years, great on tap. The New Belgium 1554 is good and also the Fat Tire.

The hops are where the bitter comes from and it seems like that is the trend lately. Ales are usually fairly hoppy so I'm not much on ale's in general. More into stouts and porters, maybe two or three, and then back to my mainstay, Budweiser. I'll drink a cider or two if I don't want a beer at first.

WB3, The Yeungling brewery is located in Pottsville, PA It's America's oldest brewery, being established in 1829 and still pumping out what I think is some of the best beer that I've been able to sample (they do have a second brewery in Florida). It's primarily an east coast beer though.

Three Blind Mice is brewed in Springfield Mo and is a Mothers Brewing Co. product.
Another is Tow Head;
Marrying the best elements of traditional German golden ales and classic Midwestern wheats, this American Blonde lives up to Mother’s expectations. Towhead is refreshingly light-bodied with flavor that won’t quit. It starts slightly sweet with hints of fruit and finishes with the faintest hop kiss that’ll leave you reaching for another. And another.
Towhead is Mother’s little blonde baby. We’ve captured a subtle blend of sweet, fruity flavors—well suited for close examination yet balanced enough to go down smooth, clean, and crisp when you just want something cold and tasty.

;)

Latest posts

Back