best reaction to your ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week I was stopped behind a school bus as it let off a small boy. When the bus and I started to leave the boy looked at my coupe and gave me the "Thumbs Up"....made my day.

whats yours?[/QUOTE]

happy

everywhere l take it, poeple like the truck.

the best reaction l got is the special recognition award for finishing the dodge in my son's memory :D

Later :cool:

I have a couple

#1. Last car show I was in a dude from the great white north walked up to me and asked if I hade dove it all the way from cali. I had to tell him not all rats are from cali. He took lots of pics and thanked me for bringing it to the car show

#2. I get a kick out of the way the young one react to it.

#3. Holy $)(^$ ()*^$$# that truck is $%$^* bad %$*&%$* it looks $(^&&( off. $*^** awsome job.

2007_0816turkey0140.jpg

I had my Cornbinder at Back to the 50's in a corner of the fairgrounds that wasn't very busy. A couple guys in their 60's, like me, drove in in their beautiful "gold chain" type street rods and parked near me. They were from some southeastern state, I don't remember which. Both men and their wives came directly over to my International and spent a half hour looking at it and asking me questions. They were in love with it.

I had to remind them there was 12,000 cars at the show and in their first half hour they had only looked at one!

At the gas station people would ask me if the old Daytripper really ran!? Ummmm... DUH genius... i am here filling it up at the gas station!!! I of course would peel out when I left!!! [S:eek:[ddd

BoB

I was parked in the specialty parking lot at the L.A. Roadster Show. I was napping in the car while people were looking at it. Heard the people talking about race cars in the old days,,,,,,,then I heard someone say, "Hey, there's a license plate on back. My God, he drives it on the street!".

I got a chuckle out of that.
groucho gas.jpg

I like it when people say "My dad had a truck like yours when I was a kid and we used to......" Something about being able to spark a good memory that a person has, even if its a simple one that makes my day.

Best reaction? I smile when I drive it, what more do I need? ;)

Took my Olds to a open show and heard or was asked several times about it sitting on the ground - "Do you drive it like that?" [S...[S ....uh... [S...it's on airbags.

Several different times I've had Mexican guys/teens start yelling questions and praise at stop lights. I'm guessing it's the lowrider thing.

Had a lady run into the back of it so she could get a better look. :p

Took mine to the local cruise in and parked next to a really--REALLY nice street rod--show quality.....he left and hasn't been back.
Took our 65 Cobra there one week. They said--That's nice, where's the rat?
Also had my 69 Dodge Daytona out. They said--That's nice, bring the rat next week.

Oooooooohhhhh! Yeeeaaaa !

I get Thumbs up,big smiles and pointing every time i drive it!:D
The best ones have been when I pull in to get gas and people ask me if they can take a picture of my car! I say "sure sit in it,stand by it I dont care!"
My favorite was when leaving the hardware store and I was buckling up an older man(around his 70's) said " Buddy,It just don't get any COOLER than that !" That made my day![cl

Thumbs up, smiles, waves, little old ladies smiling, being "accosted" at gas stations, inundated with questions, etc etc......not sure which or what I like the best.....I guess all of it.

Latest posts

Back