Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got rid of the stock rubber encased trans mount and made a solid mount. It is a little shorter to provide a better angle for the short driveshaft. Found a place in Texas that will make a nice driveshaft for a fair price. My regular driveshaft guy locked the door and left no forwarding address. Probably got tired of dealing with me.

Old26, You're welcome to drive it. I don't like going faster than 11's.

Torchie, You started with heart problems even younger than I did. Medical science is good now days. We, as patients need to do our part to live a long and healthful life.

Bob, would you share the info on the driveshaft place? I'm going to have to have a new one made for my car, and I can't find anybody around here that does it anymore, they too have all closed up...

Probably got tired of dealing with me.

I find that hard to believe!

Any concerns about breaking your tailshaft housing? (I'm asking because I don't remember the "rule of thumb".) Soft-mounted motor, hard-mounted trans? Hard-mounted motor, soft-mounted trans? Hard-hard? Soft-soft?

Dr. C, the engine is almost hard mounted. No motor plate but the motor mounts contain urethane 4 bar bushings which have almost no "give". The engine shouldn't twist in the frame and the frame shouldn't twist with the roll cage and the extra front tubes adding stiffness. Well, anyway, that's my theory.

Thanks for the link Bob, lots of great info there! Pricing looks good too, just have to check on the shipping which I figure will be considered oversize on my shaft, over 60 inches.

Bamamav, it's always better if you can find a local shop. No shipping costs ans easier to deal with if there is a problem. Mine is a little complicated since I need a large Mopar yoke on the rear and a 1350 yoke to fit a 400th slip yoke in the front.

I haven't found anybody in 100 miles of me to do it Bob. May be somebody, but I haven't found them. Every one I have checked on are out of business. Found some that do big truck shafts but they wont do car shafts. Found one place about 100 miles away, there prices start at $475.

Nice driveshaft loop. That would make the tech boys happy.[cl

Your build is top notch, as is all your builds, keep up the fine work.:cool:

Here I sit with a catheter in me. For five days I'll be out of action. I quit passing urine a couple days ago and went to the ER. They had lots of trouble getting the catheter in. Seems I scarred shut. Don't know what the corrective action will be. Yikes!

Sorry to hear that, hope its nothing to serious. As soon as we know you are ok the jokes will start coming, course you all ready knew that:)

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. As I get older it seems many of my systems are in decay. Like an old jalopy. So far, I've been pretty lucky as none of the medical problems have prevented me from doing what I want to do.
This problem too will get resolved.

I truly appreciate your support, never mind how perfect the words are.

Latest posts

Back