Big Brother is watching & soon will be listening

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are they gonna handle the CB thing?? That's certainly not hands free...Are two way radios banned as well.... I can understand not wanting them to text and maybe have them use a hands free device but every non hands free device? Next they won't let us use our mobiles in the popo cars...:eek:

My understanding is the law pertains to phones only. Not CB's. They are not considered a handheld devise. Apparently push to talk cells or walkie-talkie type devises are not allowed though. You are allowed to use a cell to contact authorities.

Blue tooth ear pieces or headsets are what all our guys use now. Why wouldn't you anyhow? Who wants to have their arm stuck to the side of their head? It blocks your vision of your DVD player sitting on the dash and makes it hard to use the CB at the same time. :p

We do have one guy that weighs about 500lbs that can rest his phone on his shoulder all day long - he's already hands free.

As for the camera thing, Davenport has the red light/speed cameras - I have no problem with them. You go 12 over past a camera, it's gonna flash - simple. That's easier to deal with over a gung-ho rookie cop.

The sound thing - not much problem with that either I suppose. If it were a federal level law, I would have a big problem with it. At a city level, I have less of a problem with it than junk in the yard ordinances.

It seems we (citizens of 1st world nations, particularly the USA) now need government to force us to take responsibility for actions we used to naturally or at least honorably take responsibility. "Consideration for others? - Not my problem!" The hard truth is, life is not fair and never will be. Just like war and religion, more inequity has been created in the name of fairness than in any other way.

Alas, my rant digresses.... :rolleyes:

Torchmann (aka: RRR Philosopher at Large), that video is ridiculous, and the first thing that came to mind was "Gestapo".

gestapo pl. ge·sta·pos A police organization that employs terroristic methods to control a populace.

Gestapo - the secret state police in Nazi Germany; known for its terrorist methods

act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear.

As for the lawyers and oppression of the trucking industry,

"Old Billy was right: let's kill all the lawyers - kill 'em tonight" - Don Henley

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - Wild Willy Shakespeare

I had to look up the word "exigency". I honestly thought it was a typo. :D

Hey Sarge! (and you other peace officers) When you're cruising in your patrol car, do you ever feel like there is a 'bubble of goodness' surrounding it? When someone enters it, they suddenly start acting like good citizens, and as soon as they are out of it, they revert to their typical ways.

Seems to me, if you always drove a cop car even for personal use, you would have a distorted view of how people normally drive and act.

I need to quit thinking for awhile and go do some work! [;)

Hey Sarge! (and you other peace officers) When you're cruising in your patrol car, do you ever feel like there is a 'bubble of goodness' surrounding it? When someone enters it, they suddenly start acting like good citizens, and as soon as they are out of it, they revert to their typical ways.

Seems to me, if you always drove a cop car even for personal use, you would have a distorted view of how people normally drive and act.

Don't think you'll make a good impression saying "hey...officer good bubbles!" [cl

I got pulled over one time on a Wisconsin highway closed to heavy truck traffic because of ground thaw and skaters dodging the scales, I was cutting over to a different highway on a short cut (didn't know missed my sign) officer said "what are you doing over here" and I said "perpetratin"

Honestly,

If you want to get somewhere quick....don't take a police car cause everyone goes the speed limit.....LOL

I just kinds skimmed through all the replies and forgive me if Im repeating something but how do they determine what db level is acceptable? I watched their promo video and the cars and bike they showed did seems pretty loud but the truck didnt at all. Yet the screen showed violation. So is this someones opinion as to what is loud or acceptable?

Latest posts

Back