Big car mags & SEMA are back on hot rod laws warpath!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Seems like a lot of the big car mags along with SEMA are back on the warpath against laws restricting our hobby. I've learned a small group of morons can actually get things don't at the city & state level & that actually scares the devil outta me. So far here in Texas we've avoided most problems that seem to be affecting other parts of the country but what do you guys think!? Are any of you having problems with the local authorities?!

BoB

I know, Bob, it's scary. These idiot lawmakers can't come out in one fell swoop and ban our cars altogether, so they just keep passing little laws, one at a time, that chip away at us. One little law here, another one there, and pretty soon our cars will be only seen at special events.........maybe even trailered there.

I just read on another forum where, in your home State of Texas, a guy drove his car with antique plates to a bar and the cops came in and got him to tell him he was only allowed to drive it to shows, for maintanance, and parades.........not to bars or restaurants. These inept politicians can't solve wars, hunger, crime, unemployment, and serious stuff like that, but they busy themselves thinking up stupid stuff to fix things that aren't broken. :mad:

I bet 20 years from now the hobby as we know it will be radically different.:(

Don

Don

i think you're right...if there's even a hobby left-with gasoline "changes" and law changes these cars and trucks may be left as imobile forms of art..:(

everyone needs someone to blame
i blame our government

I believe the antique laws will change. Too much money being lost to the DMV. Our antique tags here are free every year and I just can't believe that! They charge for EVERYTHING. Small laws here and there are going to change the hobby as we know it. Our rate of gasoline consumption is far exceeding the available supplies, so what's next, electric motors?:eek: I know some of them go like stink, but I'll miss the sound of a V/8 humming along at 60!...CR:(

The only thing around my area is storage. Any unregistered vehicle has to be in an enclosed garage. State level is mostly title issues. IL seems to be be overly strict on titles.
The thing about the guy getting in trouble for going to a bar with an antique plated car....IL states very clearly that the vehicle can only be driven to shows and such. Cant imagine any other state would state anything differently. Yeah thats kinda picky but the guy shouldve known.

ILL getting tuff on out of state Titles red flag they want to see them down in springfield if you use a S10 frame they want to know what you did with body an you need to have title for S10 in hand they want revenue they want to value your car, truck and labor it all has a price beware so thank the bleeding heart tree hugging Car D*@#% for this

We all need to pay attention to the new laws they are wanting to pass an spread the word to help fight them in all States

I know, Bob, it's scary. These idiot lawmakers can't come out in one fell swoop and ban our cars altogether, so they just keep passing little laws, one at a time, that chip away at us. One little law here, another one there, and pretty soon our cars will be only seen at special events.........maybe even trailered there.

I just read on another forum where, in your home State of Texas, a guy drove his car with antique plates to a bar and the cops came in and got him to tell him he was only allowed to drive it to shows, for maintanance, and parades.........not to bars or restaurants. These inept politicians can't solve wars, hunger, crime, unemployment, and serious stuff like that, but they busy themselves thinking up stupid stuff to fix things that aren't broken. :mad:

Don

Check out this snippet from the TN antique tag law. UNMODIFIED engine and body.
"For the purpose of this section, “antique motor vehicle” is a motor vehicle over twenty five (25) years old with a non-modified engine and body which is used for participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, and similar uses as a collector’s item, and which
MAY BE USED FOR GENERAL TRANSPORTATION ONLY ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY."

I turned in my plates and got regular ones!

not only cars guns are next

there is anew house bill how many guns you have ,allmust be regerstered, how much ammo supposed to be byend of year to 2011 thank you big brother i will get the number on the house bill if any interested.the b.s. is coming big brother and the holding company is here ,robertbandit

It's the same story everywhere. Virginia has several grassroots organizations that work very hard to stop or redirect legislation here that affects both our car hobby & gun collectors rights. But the problem is "We" don't get involved enough. Law makers fear two things, the vote and money. If you'll look into the election data for your local politicains you'll be surprised at how few people vote and in many cases it only takes 20 or less votes to swing an election. Point is if your local elected official thought he'd lose the election because 20 hot rodders will vote for the other guy, he'll flip his opinion and vote the way YOU want him to. GET INVOLVED IN POLITICS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS!!!..;)

You know I'm really glad the Magazines and in particular us as a group are talking about these things, but we are all missing the mark here. What we should be looking at and asking the hard questions about is "Why do they keep coming after our cars and guns" .

I'll sum it up for you. These two items unlike anything else in this world mean freedom to the masses.

The bottom line is the government has been highjacked and is now a fascist dictatorship with one world government right around the corner. All that's left is to rob you of the rest of your freedom.

There, I think that clears it up. Now lets take our balls out of the tin cup beside the bed and deal with it.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I get rather passionate about this stuff. I'd like to know I'm leaving a free world for my daughter to live in.

www.worldfreemansociety.com

there is anew house bill how many guns you have ,allmust be regerstered, how much ammo supposed to be byend of year to 2011 thank you big brother i will get the number on the house bill if any interested.the b.s. is coming big brother and the holding company is here ,robertbandit

send me the info or link on this

as for getting in trouble for being at a bar with antique plates -- texas
is pretty straight forward on "antique plates" as well -- i doubt it was lawmakers
cracking down so much as an over achieving jerk police officer enforcing a law that most just overlook.. but in the end its about $$ with that kinda stuff -- skipping out on that 15 dollar inspections breaking the bank i guess.... he should have told johnny law the car was overheating and so was he so they both stopped for a rest and a drink lol

More people means more laws, it's always been that way. We have less freedoms that our fathers did and they had less than their fathers. Our governments, right down to the locals, see the population as a resource to be harvested.
I can't preach this enough, don't build a car then start figuring out how you are going to register it. Make the trip to the dmv before you ever start and see what your state requires. Work with them and their rules. It might suck but will be much easier in the long run.

housebill sb2099

firearms confiscation bill, Blair holt firearm licensing record of sale act 2009 soon as i find out some more i will let you i was a class 3 dealer h and k weapons if we do nothing they will do everything to us. eternal viglance is the price of freedom. we must vote. thanks robertbandit

Just a thought what about a sticky or new section for new laws, Bills that are trying to be passed, rumors of what changes are coming, the word on the street, Information is powerful Voting protects our rights help keep Rat Rods Alive

Latest posts

Back