Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost in the 50s

1957 mercedes benz 190 SL conv.

Attachments

• Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0479_01.jpg
    Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0479_01.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0481_03.jpg
    Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0481_03.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0483_05.jpg
    Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0483_05.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 32
  • Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0490_01.jpg
    Ron_Kimball_Stock_AUT_05_RK0490_01.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 27
Very Cool....

Wow, it takes someone special to take that caliber of car and make
it totally over the top..... Bad A$$ to say the least. ;)
The restorers/collecters/puriests must loose it when they see these. :eek:
Personally, I love the total insanity involved here. :cool: '22

That Benz doesn't do anything for me. That Rolls is kinda cool, though. Talk about coincidence; I hadn't seen a Rolls-Royce on the road in years but I met an oldie, about a '62 with right-hand drive this morning. It didn't do anything for me either.

That Benz doesn't do anything for me. That Rolls is kinda cool, though. Talk about coincidence; I hadn't seen a Rolls-Royce on the road in years but I met an oldie, about a '62 with right-hand drive this morning. It didn't do anything for me either.

I think you have to be IN a Rolls to appreciate one.

And that is why I don't worry about not restoring my vehicles to original. How many museum pieces does the world need? Besides the facts that I can't afford it and it wouldn't be as fun.:cool:

I looked it up - he's land developer.

Aside from the 'Vettes, that's one mother of a collection. I was too busy looking and drooling over the pictures to read the text... did it say what the guy did for a living to make the kind of money to have a toybox that neat ?

Maybe he was one of the CEO's from one of the many failing large investment banks.:eek:

Ok, here is a philosophical question...........just because he can afford to own that many cool cars, does that make it any more understandable ? This might be the pot calling the kettle black (because most of us on here have more than one or two projects or finished cars) but how many red corvettes or camaros, or whatever do you really need?

Maybe I've answered my own question. Money obviously isn't a problem for him, so he does what he pleases with it. Would any of us do any different if we had his money? It could also be that he sees these cars as a wise investment, safer than stocks or property. From the prices on Barrett Jackson, he might be right.

Don

I think you have to be IN a Rolls to appreciate one.

My Dad had a new black 1977 Rolls Silver Shadow sedan. It was a badass car depending on the day. However, it spent more time at the dealership with electrical problems than just about anywhere else. 14 months in the shop out of the 38 months he owned it. No wonder the guy put a hemi in this one! :rolleyes: I'll never forget getting to drive it on the Interstate in western Kansas once. I pushed it up to 155 m.p.h. with very little effort! :D :eek: It was amazing! No road noise even at that speed and considering how big it was it handled like nothing I've ever driven since. At the time he spent $57,000 for it. Today roughly the same car lists for about $300,000. Despite all the problems he still managed to sell it for slightly more than he paid for it. Go figure?? :confused: It was the same body style as the one in the picture. Minus the blown hemi of course!! :D

And that is why I don't worry about not restoring my vehicles to original. How many museum pieces does the world need? Besides the facts that I can't afford it and it wouldn't be as fun.:cool:

I looked it up - he's land developer.

Must be where I went wrong in life. Should have been a land developer. Except I'd have stopped before I bought Vettes. To each their own, I suppose. Hope he takes them out and enjoys them. Why have 'em if you couldn't ?

Heres a couple more of the Rolls. It was built by "Little Joes Rod Shop" in Mooresville NC
Joe and Shelly have a pretty good buisness and have built some nice cars

ImportedPhotos00309.jpg

ImportedPhotos00209.jpg

ImportedPhotos00198.jpg

ImportedPhotos00200.jpg

ImportedPhotos00197.jpg

Latest posts

Back