Big ol tree

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
The biggest tree I have ever felled. An old dead cottonwood that is about 4 1/2 feet on the stump. So far I have 2 cords split and stacked in and I'm not half done with the wood I can handle. It was one helluva explosion when she hit the ground. One big limb took out a big chunk of the frozen ground and drove in at least a couple feet.

I cant see the tree Forest

attachment.php

Attachments

• WorthlessWithoutPics.jpg
    WorthlessWithoutPics.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 88
good job,
hope cottonwood in your area burns ok, round here it's way to wet and when and if it does dry, hard to burn and all ash.
but it does go boom when it falls.

Yeah the species we have burns good. It does make a lot of ashes and only has half the BTUs of oak or ash. When our cottonwoods die, they slip the bark so after a few years dead they are white slick and pretty dry. I only took this tree because my sister wanted it removed and it's right across the road so I could plow a trail into it. The snow got too deep where I was cutting oak.

cottonwood

I had to drywall an old house in smalltown nebraska that was framed about 100 years prior with cottonwood

I never broke so many screws or bent so many nails

I just droped one about 3 and a half foot across this last weekend. It was the biggest that I haver ever droped,and need to funnish cutting it up and splitting it this weekend

ya I got my chain stuck so i took my saw apart so it didnt get smashed, then tried to chop at the core of the tree in the gap from the backside with an ax. I hit it about six times then herd a big pop like a big firecracker going off turned and ran like a bat out of hell. and it made a hek of a bang when it hit. After I get it all cut up and split I have another right next to it just as big

I just tipped this one over, pretty dangerous, not for a novice wood cutter. I had been studying it for a year or so and had the wind right where I wanted. It fell exactly where I wanted it to. So far I've cut up about 3 cords and can get at least one more before I get into rounds I can't lift onto the splitter.

thanks

HOLY MOMMA!

That's a biggie, thanks for the pictures

Yep. Big ol tree. My dad used to cut trees as a side business - kinda miss hearing that POP when they start to go and the Earth shake when they hit. Don't miss all the unpaid work though....

The cotton wood we have around here smells like a thousands cats have been peeing on it when burning it, I'll use pallets before I use it.

That was a big tree. The good thing about fire wood is it heats you twice, once when ya cut it and then again when ya burn it.

The biggest tree I have ever felled. An old dead cottonwood that is about 4 1/2 feet on the stump. So far I have 2 cords split and stacked in and I'm not half done with the wood I can handle. It was one helluva explosion when she hit the ground. One big limb took out a big chunk of the frozen ground and drove in at least a couple feet.

I've been workin down this 250+ year old Ash for the past 3 weekends...... Stump has to be 5ft and I'm not even near it yet!! Piles of firewood here. And I don't have a gas powered splitter- all by hand....:eek:

Latest posts

Back