BIG Problem with my brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_CK_R

Hi Guys,

I got a big problem with my brakes. Had almost the same problem 1,5 yrs ago... If my Car is rolling my braking pedal is going slowly to the ground but if my car stands still the pedal does not move.
Last time I fixed it with a master cylinder kit. This time I tried just to bleed the brakes but it didn't work.
Do you have any ideas what my Problem could be? :confused:

Season starts soon and my car has to run.

PS: All wheel cylinders are dry.

Greets Kai

R_CK_R, I agree with these guys. Brake fluid is leaking around the master piston and rubber cups, back into the reservoir. Quite often, it's the rubber cups that get scored or cracked and then leak. Sometimes, though the cylinder bore gets corroded and new rubbers won't stop the fluid from sneaking around the piston. A new master cylinder is the answer. I don't know why your brake pedal stays up nicely when you are not moving.

R_CK_R, I agree with these guys. Brake fluid is leaking around the master piston and rubber cups, back into the reservoir. Quite often, it's the rubber cups that get scored or cracked and then leak. Sometimes, though the cylinder bore gets corroded and new rubbers won't stop the fluid from sneaking around the piston. A new master cylinder is the answer. I don't know why your brake pedal stays up nicely when you are not moving.

Ok thanks! I also asked the guys from classic Olds forum and got the same answers. So I think I have to order a new master cylinder.
Maybe is a little scratch in my master cylinder which destroys my rubber cups inside...

Latest posts

Back