Billetproof April 9 Gainesville Fl.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to jinx us, but I really think Dans car is going to make it. He finally got to drive it yesterday for the first time and the to do list is getting smaller. :D

Don

One thing we have to fix though is his car for some reason leaves two black marks every time he steps on the gas. :eek::D

dansfirstdrive001.jpg

dansfirstdrive002.jpg

I hate to say it but the new location has put the show a little out of my (and some other S Fl fellas) out of my comfortable driving range. I may be able to come up and check out the show in my daily driver though. I'd like to see some Poorboys and friends and check out the show. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll jump in my coupe and take off but if I have a problem I'm sunk. We''ll see how it goes. This is a really good happening with a lot of effort by all involved.

I hate to jinx us, but I really think Dans car is going to make it. He finally got to drive it yesterday for the first time and the to do list is getting smaller. :D

Don

One thing we have to fix though is his car for some reason leaves two black marks every time he steps on the gas. :eek::D

dansfirstdrive001.jpg

dansfirstdrive002.jpg

Well, not only did he make it, Dans awesome RPU scored Best of Show and Best Truck. Major props to Dan for gettin' it done and so well done. [cl Mike

Thanks Mike. I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that coupe was yours. Dan and I were drooling over it all day, it is just SOOOOOOOOO right.[cl

The show was the best and the reason is because of the people who put it on, staff it, and who attend. A nicer, more friendly atmosphere would be hard to find, and it is like going to an event with hundreds of your best friends. Alan puts on a great event and Glenn and the Poorboys have to be the closest group of buddies on the earth, and work their tails off to put keep things going smoothly. We had a lot of fun and will never forget that day.

As for Dan, I bet he is still on cloud 9. :) The Billetproof gang honored him by picking his rpu as Best Truck and Best of Show! WOW, is the only word I had when it was announced. I had tears in my eyes as I know how much this means to Dan and how much work he has poured into this car for so long. You guys have my very deepest appreciation and gratitude.

What makes it even more special is that the trophies are not the usual plastic ones most shows give out, but rather, beautiful handbuilt creations by dedicated hot rodders who did this on their own.

Here is the trophy for Best Truck:

danstrophy.jpg

And the one for Best of Show (I took this picture from the internet, before it was lettered) This trophy is so big and heavy it wouldn't fit in Dan's car, so we got a Taxi to take it from the fairgrounds for us! :D

danstrophy2.jpg

And a couple of shots of Dan's car at the show.

danscaratBP2011.jpg

danscaratBP20112.jpg

I took quite a few videos, and as soon as Dan can load them I will post one or two.

Once again, thank you to all the Billetproof family for a very nice day, one that we will NEVER forget. [cl

Don

Thank you, Bill. The only thing that would have made the day better would have been for you and your family to be there, but I really understand the distance thing, it is a long haul for us, and an even longer one for you guys in South Florida. I do kinda wish there was some nice location more in the middle part of the State where they could hold it so more people could attend, who might otherwise not come.

Don

Thank you, Bill. The only thing that would have made the day better would have been for you and your family to be there, but I really understand the distance thing, it is a long haul for us, and an even longer one for you guys in South Florida. I do kinda wish there was some nice location more in the middle part of the State where they could hold it so more people could attend, who might otherwise not come.

Don

Well, that very topic came up. The idea of having it at a racetrack also is something to consider. Lakeland is a good middle of the state location but there are probably other places to consider too. Got a suggestion, sent it to Alan or Glenn or myself. Ultimate decision is, of course, Alan's. Thanks,Mike

Thanks Mike. I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that coupe was yours. Dan and I were drooling over it all day, it is just SOOOOOOOOO right.[cl

The show was the best and the reason is because of the people who put it on, staff it, and who attend. A nicer, more friendly atmosphere would be hard to find, and it is like going to an event with hundreds of your best friends. Alan puts on a great event and Glenn and the Poorboys have to be the closest group of buddies on the earth, and work their tails off to put keep things going smoothly. We had a lot of fun and will never forget that day.

As for Dan, I bet he is still on cloud 9. :) The Billetproof gang honored him by picking his rpu as Best Truck and Best of Show! WOW, is the only word I had when it was announced. I had tears in my eyes as I know how much this means to Dan and how much work he has poured into this car for so long. You guys have my very deepest appreciation and gratitude.

What makes it even more special is that the trophies are not the usual plastic ones most shows give out, but rather, beautiful handbuilt creations by dedicated hot rodders who did this on their own.

Here is the trophy for Best Truck:

danstrophy.jpg

And the one for Best of Show (I took this picture from the internet, before it was lettered) This trophy is so big and heavy it wouldn't fit in Dan's car, so we got a Taxi to take it from the fairgrounds for us! :D

danstrophy2.jpg

And a couple of shots of Dan's car at the show.

danscaratBP2011.jpg

danscaratBP20112.jpg

I took quite a few videos, and as soon as Dan can load them I will post one or two.

Once again, thank you to all the Billetproof family for a very nice day, one that we will NEVER forget. [cl

Don

I thought you knew that heap was mine. Thanks for the compliment. I had the "For Sale" sign with me under the seat but decided to hold off a little.
One slight correction, the Best Truck award was built and chosen by Yaril's Customs in South Florida. (Hope I got that right).

Mike, the middle part of the State around Lake Placid and those areas off of 27 are beautiful and have lots of lakes and stuff like that. Could there be a park or similar facility in that region to consider? That is sort of in the middle of the State and would allow good access for the cars come from all directions, there are interstates and the Turnpike crisscrossing the State that could be used to get there. I wondered about the Lakeland Motor Park too, as it would add an additional element to the show........drag racing.

Just a thought.

Don

Yea Don, I would have liked to have been there. I grumbled all day yesterday that I was missing the Billetproof Show. It's THE ONE show that I really enjoy attending. I wouldn't want them to change the venue for a few South Florida fellows, and they (Poor Boys/Alan) have a huge job organizing the event. I reckon I'm being selfish in wanting the show more centrally located, but dangit, I (and others in my area) really like this show. I was actually talking with some guys yesterday who were at past BP's and said they wanted to take their rods but it's a bit out of their range now also. None of us that were talking own any kind of trailer so we can't go where our rods won't take us. Maybe I should build a cushy custom or something :D. Any way, hats off to the Poorboys for another awesome show. I'm not complaining at all, it's just that I want to be there.

HotRodMike, I don't think I could have stuck the "for sale" sign in the window either. Your car has a look that just would be to hard to duplicate. You'll be sorry if you sell it. It came out too nice.

Mike, the middle part of the State around Lake Placid and those areas off of 27 are beautiful and have lots of lakes and stuff like that. Could there be a park or similar facility in that region to consider? That is sort of in the middle of the State and would allow good access for the cars come from all directions, there are interstates and the Turnpike crisscrossing the State that could be used to get there. I wondered about the Lakeland Motor Park too, as it would add an additional element to the show........drag racing.

Just a thought.

Don

Thanks for the suggestion Don. The problem is we don't know the parks/fairgrounds/racetracks that some others might know of. Being just a "see what's out there" post, any suggestions can be looked at. I'm happy to pass any info along to Alan. Just give me some basic info. Any ideas appreciated.

Yea Don, I would have liked to have been there. I grumbled all day yesterday that I was missing the Billetproof Show. It's THE ONE show that I really enjoy attending. I wouldn't want them to change the venue for a few South Florida fellows, and they (Poor Boys/Alan) have a huge job organizing the event. I reckon I'm being selfish in wanting the show more centrally located, but dangit, I (and others in my area) really like this show. I was actually talking with some guys yesterday who were at past BP's and said they wanted to take their rods but it's a bit out of their range now also. None of us that were talking own any kind of trailer so we can't go where our rods won't take us. Maybe I should build a cushy custom or something :D. Any way, hats off to the Poorboys for another awesome show. I'm not complaining at all, it's just that I want to be there.

HotRodMike, I don't think I could have stuck the "for sale" sign in the window either. Your car has a look that just would be to hard to duplicate. You'll be sorry if you sell it. It came out too nice.

Bill, We kept looking for you at the gate, hoping you'd change your mind. Sorry you didn't make this one.
As far as the show moving, it's just "exploritory" right now. Feedback has indicated that moving further south may help more Florida folks to be able to attend. We all know there are plenty of bitchin' hot rods in Florida. Maybe it'll make a few more get their cars out to the show. For me, personally, Gainesville is way too urban and congested. This weekend also had a Gator's game and some large Arts/Crafts show. Very busy town. I just thought I'd throw the question out there and see if other potential locations are recommended. Any ideas appreciated.
I'm still thinking of selling the coupe but,geez, you almost have to give stuff away anymore. We'll see. Meantime, I'll just enjoy it. Thanks for the kind words. Not to brag, but it did turn out pretty much as I had pictured in my head. So, I'm happy. :D
Hopefully, we'll cross paths again soon.

I sure hope I don't come off as complaining, because that is in no way my intention. I'm just bummed because I couldn't attend. In fact, when registration opens again, I'm going to register and make it one way or the other, even if I have to push the darn thing part of the way:D. I always spread the word to folks in this area about the show and how good it is. Aside from that, I like to see the people I've met.

That's the point, this show is just the best I have ever been to. Everyone there is like family and you feel very welcomed by the Billetproof guys and the Poorboys. I've never been to a show with less drama, more variety, and just a generally warm feeling about it. I just wish it was a little further south.:)

I used to say Turkey Run was my favorite, and have been going there for almost 30 years, but BP has knocked that one off of it's throne. I would HIGHLY suggest it for anyone who has not been there, and the same goes for the drags.............never had so much fun in my life and I didn't even race! [cl

Don

Billetproof Florida April 9th, Gainesville

I'd like to thank everybody for coming out, congrats to Dan.

For all who participated in the Motor Meltdown raffle, My family thanks you for your generousity and patience... I had no idea what I was doing.[cl

Latest posts

Back