Billetproof Best in Show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice car but this is hilarious! Have you ever seen the rules for their shows?

Toad

I think I get what you mean, the cars are supposed to be sort of an everymans car, not a Grand National winner like this one. But if they drove it in and I don't see any billet to speak of, how would they exclude it from judging.

It was the same when my Son Dan's car won Best Truck and Best of Show at the Billetproof show in Gainesville. His car is a little stretch from what the rules might say, because it is hand built, has some billet pieces on it (hard to find pulleys for a 455 Olds that are not billet) and it is not exactly traditional. But the judges and the spectators were all over it all day complimenting him, so in that regard I guess it fit in.

The purple one is so spectacular that it would be hard not to vote for it.

Don

Is that a fake engine block or just a really smoothed one? Seen a car at Starbirds show year ago with a blower and aluminum heads on a sheetmetal block,seemed kinda silly..all that time and money in something that doesn't even run..

No, it's a real, running motor. Rules of the Grand National show are that all cars must drive inside under their own power. They passed that rule years ago because some showcars didn't even have pistons or cams in them. :eek:He just spent a whole lot of time making it smooth by grinding and sanding.

Don

nice bucket

Nice to look at but still a lot of money and time and still a trailer queen.Rules need to be changed to state car has to be a driver,not just driven from trailer 50 ft inside building.come on now white brake pedal.:cool:

Is that a fake engine block or just a really smoothed one?

hey don didn't yall grind and smooth the 455 olds?

There is nothing in the rules of Billetproof that would exclude this car.

It is traditionally styled, built at home, by hand, on a budget (you'd be AMAZED to know how little this car cost to build).

The engine is real, its just had a LOT of work put into it to smooth it out. The car does indeed run and drive. It was the only one to do a smokey burnout as it passed in front of the judges at the Grand National Roadster Show. Russ drives the hell out of his cars and this one is no exception. It is anything but a trailer queen.

Some people have the misconception that traditional hot rods cant be nice, or shiny, or have chrome. Nothing could be further from the truth. The past was not in black and white, nor was it dull.

The Take Out T did indeed compete for "America's Most Beautiful Roadster", that in and of itself doesnt not make it a "trailer queen"... that just means that someone can build a hot rod in their garage with the help of their car club and friends and it can be as beautiful as any of the people with cubic dollars that have one built for them.

If anything, this makes the Take Out T the very ideal of what a Billetproof car SHOULD be.

I was there and that car was amazing! What a great job the club did, I wish I could have been part of the build. He drove the crap out of it on both cruising evenings (friday and saturday), I followed him on several laps. So..... he drove it..... a lot!!!!

I too received a "pick" award at Billet Proof NW on that saturday... I was very humbled by the history of all the other winners, a true honor to be chosen with all of them from almost 700 cars.

26Troadster; hey don didn't yall grind and smooth the 455 olds?[/QUOTE said:
Just a little bit. We aren't fans of engines that look like a bar of soap, they need some bumps and dimples to look "Old school" to me. I have nothing against them, and maybe I am just too lazy to spend all that time grinding and smoothing, but we leave them looking like they left the factory with just some sharp edges taken off.

Don

I too received a "pick" award at Billet Proof NW on that saturday... I was very humbled by the history of all the other winners, a true honor to be chosen with all of them from almost 700 cars.[/QUOTE]

Way to go!!! genossllk [cl

Nice to look at but still a lot of money and time and still a trailer queen.Rules need to be changed to state car has to be a driver,not just driven from trailer 50 ft inside building.come on now white brake pedal.:cool:

I was at billetproff washington, and this was no trailer queen. I don't know about this car but the guys from his club drove there cars 6hrs from spokane, even rained on them alittle on the drive. Just because the car is clean doesn't mean it isn't driven.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back