body fitment ?'s

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerchooper

ok as most of you know im working on my first build, 1933 olds.

i just put some door pin bushings in yesterday and the fight began with the door gaps. i spent 4hrs wrestling with it just on the drivers door. close but not happy with the fitment yet. i pushed, pulled, twisted, lifted and lowered. i had veins poping out of my forehead trying to get it nailed down. i keep looking at that little piece of 6" roof metal saying to myself just work with me here.

ive been on the wing it plan for most of the build, and im happy with alot of my stuff but i just cant get the body to work with me for this one.

my question is,

what is the proper way to get everything lined up when you start from nothing? do you cut the front cowl free from the body and start from the main body and work forward?

i look at the builds on here and see how most just get them together in a couple of days then start building the structure to hold them in place.
i think im trying to do to much at one shot to save time and its not working. i really dont want to cut the last bit of roof for this little problem when im so close, but what do i do?

How were you able to get where you are happy with it? They are a pain to do just takes a lot of patience and cussing too! Keep us posted!

i was trying to get to much done with out the proper structure in the body. the tin will not support what i was after.

i had my 1/4" b piller in.
i replaced the door bushings
closed the door and inserted a 1/4" flat bar in to hold the spacing, + have room if it relaxed.
conected a piller, b piller and attached to the floor. everything held nice with a little relax when it was opened. the doors hang down 3/16" as of now. but they still have the old wood in them. when i replace the wood i will be able to get all of my fitment issues solved because the door skin really isnt a support and it twists on its own.

Latest posts

Back