Bomber Seats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregster

Does anyone have experience with Speedway's bomber seats ? I plan on purchasing a set of bombers soon and was curious about how comfortable the speedway brand seats are . Or do you know of another brand that is more comfortable ? I know there are other styles of seats that are way more comfortable , that is not the question . I am going for the LOOK but I want to pick the most comfortable bomber seats available .

We installed a set in this '31 Roadster. The owner purchased them and had the inserts stitched up. That made them a lot more comfortable, but they aren't too bad without them either. A little on the flimsy side, but that is what you get from Speedway. The flexing does make them a little more comfortable IMO. You will have to build whatever mounts you want to use as well. All in all I would say they aren't bad for the price...

IMG_0463.jpg

Gregster... I know you have the skills.. so why not build a set to whatever specs you want?

I have a set of the Speedway ones that I will be using in my RPU. My Son originally owned them, but when he decided to have a custom made set made, I bought them from him. Ours came with the optional seat cushion set, and I can't imagine driving a car without them. Dan just had the upholstery shop make up a seat pad and backrest pad for the new bomber seats he has, and they really made a difference in comfort. Even the pads are marginal on any of these, and on long trips you will be getting out every hour or so to stretch you legs and get your butt to not be numb an longer.:D

Don

Gregster... I know you have the skills.. so why not build a set to whatever specs you want?

You know how to make a fella feel good ! That is on my list of things to try, I am in a bit of a time crunch for these , maybe I will give it a try on the next set . I do want to thank all for the replies , I guess I will buy a set this time .

Hey Devil, I just bought a set for my `29 roadster and was wondering about how solid the mounting has to be . I was going to mount mine flat with an aluminum base but yours look like steel tubing. How much support is needed to cut down on the flex factor?
Bill

I like mine fine, but keep in mind this is not a "cross country" car. I seldom drive it more than 100 miles, like to a car show. I've driven without the cushions and can't feel all that much difference, but I like the height better with them in.

Attachments

• belts.jpg
    belts.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 27
I like mine fine, but keep in mind this is not a "cross country" car. I seldom drive it more than 100 miles, like to a car show. I've driven without the cushions and can't feel all that much difference, but I like the height better with them in.

those are real ugly! lol i like them a lot! [cl

Hey Devil, I just bought a set for my `29 roadster and was wondering about how solid the mounting has to be . I was going to mount mine flat with an aluminum base but yours look like steel tubing. How much support is needed to cut down on the flex factor?

My Son just bolted his directly to the floor with 4 bolts and rubber pads between the seat and floor. They are very rigid done that way.

Don

dansinterior.jpg

How bout giving us sme more pics of that ride imnezrider?

Here ya go...Nothing that special I guess, but the thing I'm most proud of is the 295 cu. in. stroker engine...

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 16
  • rat3.jpg
    rat3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 26
  • rat7.jpg
    rat7.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 15
  • rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 13
These are not speedway seats but they are bomber style seats. I can tell you that I've logged hundreds of miles at a time in them and I'm not a spring chicken. I have removeable pads that I take out when I get to my destination and they are more comfortable than you might think. I made my seat brackets.

These are actually two different pairs of seats that are very similar in my car.

Latest posts

Back