Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the great comments guys, it really means a lot coming from, some of the most car educated people around. I truly value your opinions.

The side view is great. The proportions change in my mind- it's a lot longer than I had it pictured. Looks like it will ride and handle pretty well.

Are the pipes open or do you have some baffles? I built 30 different baffles on the F2stang before I got it to something I could tolerate. I'm wondering what you did or if you just don't worry about it.

I suspect that the amount of sound inside the cab is unique to each project. The F2stang measured 95 - 100 db at idle and 120 db at 65 mph. 120 is painful for me (actually 100 is pretty uncomfortable). I built lakes style headers. Earthman said "aren't those really megaphones?" That may have had something to do with it. Yours are straight. Maybe straight is quieter. Probably that big Caddy is more mellow.

It sure looks fun!

Photo shoots are done, and the truck goes to the new owner next week or so. I have been working on a small punch list, of loose ends. The first was a mirror. I picked this one up at a swap meet, and it fits the bill to meet the minimum requirements by law. It does not add to, or take a way from the rest of the truck.

Latest posts

Back