Bought a car and was gold it was a 32 ford need help ID'n 4 sure

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Washburnin

Bought this car and was told it was a 32 ford in bakoshe OK. I didnt pay a load for it but i have also just been told it may be an essex. My question is is it an essex if so what, a terraplane? If its a 32 possibly? If its an essex is it worth much? Thanks all!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 138
Looks more like a ford to me, the corners of the bottom of the windscreen are not rounded on your car from what I can see...

Can we get some more pics? Here are some good reference pictures:

32 Essex Terraplane:
352401-1000-0.jpg

32 Ford Coupe:
1932_Ford_Deuce_Coupe_Hot_Rod.jpg

Hauling it home now so more pics to come

It does have a cap that goes to nothing in the center though I did pull it up just to see what it went to before I hit the road. The firewall is a puzzle to me, why reverse it? It not sets in and goes in two to three inches into the car also there is a small gauges cluster in a diamond shape if that helps at all but I'm feeling the 31 ford with a flipped firewall. I'll post more after I get out of this pit I'm in somewhere in R-Kansas!!! Lol no offense to anyone who lives in Arkansas.

The firewall is a puzzle to me, why reverse it?

The original "recessed firewall". Reversing it makes room for a V8 where a 4 cylinder used to live and/or allows for some setback.

Really? I did not know that!
Do you have some examples? I seriously would be learning something new here!

Here's an example, tank half in, half out! I guess this is why it's called a FIREwall. :eek:

1920 Willys Overland
o_125.jpg

Latest posts

Back