Bought a new project today.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

`62 Ford UniBody (short bed). No motor or trans (I have a strong running small block Chevy waiting for a home).
The body is VERY straight. The only rust is minor in the floorboard.

I must admit - I stole it. $200

The funny thing is - there is a pair of `68 Camaro bucket seats in it that should fetch $200 on Ebay. :)

I tried to post a pic, but cannot for some reason. I`ll try later.

Kool!!!

DUDE... that was a sweet catch. My buddy has a really kool one that has about 5 or 6 different primer colors! Please keep us in the loop!!!

BoB

HERE IT IS!
DSCN1388.jpg

Hey thanks for posting the pic ! I don`t know how to do that .... I`m pretty dumb with that stuff. :)

The truck was sitting across from a local high school (you can see it in background). The seller said it`s been sitting there for almost a year. I never drive through that area, so I didn`t know it was there until the other day when I just happened to be going by. It had $500 on the window with shoe polish. I looked the truck over and decided to buy it. The guy came outside and I asked him what the bottom dollar was. He said he was tired of looking at it. "Give me $200 and you can have it"

OK ... :)

Very cool trucks and getting pricey in some parts. Please, please please don't put a cheby engine it it though.

I`ve got this little Chevy V8 and it runs great. It`s just sitting in the corner ....
I already have it - it`s free. That`s why I am planning on using it. The FREE part is very attractive.
This is a true "budget" project, hence the $200 price tag. If I had a little 289 or maybe 302, I`d love to drop that in.
We really , really want to get this on the road ASAP and try to spend less than $1000 for the total project. :eek:

I`ve got this little Chevy V8 and it runs great. It`s just sitting in the corner ....
I already have it - it`s free. That`s why I am planning on using it. The FREE part is very attractive.
This is a true "budget" project, hence the $200 price tag. If I had a little 289 or maybe 302, I`d love to drop that in.
We really , really want to get this on the road ASAP and try to spend less than $1000 for the total project. :eek:

Well, if you must and I guess that is the spirit of rodding. Just be prepared to face the wrath of angry blue oval fanatics, and to die with the truck because they when it comes time to sell it the larger amount of buyers for that kind of truck won't touch it. Yeah, you can say you plan to have it forever but in reality very seldom does that happen.

I have a Ford in my Chevy, and it has not rejected the transplant yet. Maybe this will make things right in the universe, balance and all.

Last edited:
The sad part was it sat across from a high school for a year and not one sale even at that price. My 13 year old would have been all over that thing and it would have been in my yard the next day.

Well,,,,,, This truck may get a FORD engine afterall. I spoke with a buddy today that has a good running 302 / C4 that he says he will make me a deal on. So there is still hope. :)

Latest posts

Back