Bought this in KC MO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimisbell

Has anyone ever seen this one before and have any information on it, builder, previous owners, etc.? I am trying to accumulate a history on it as I finish it up.

Its basically a '37 Ford Pickup with a '70 El Dorado 500 cu in up front.

I would like to know what went into the engine build. It appears to be close to zero hours on the engine as the oil is clear like honey and no discoloration.

Correct the title, I bought it in St Louis, not KC...on E Bay.

Attachments

• 37 Ford Right Tront again.JPG
    37 Ford Right Tront again.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 37 Ford Left Front.JPG
    37 Ford Left Front.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
0h

Welllll,.....I was hoping, at least, for "bad ass". My 4 year old granddaughter is "cute"

even my adopted son says it's cute:D

l do like it is just not B. A

this is bad a$#$

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 10-163.jpg
    10-163.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 30
  • fafiat1sm7.jpg
    fafiat1sm7.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 02-06-2.jpg
    02-06-2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 28
Back a winner.

I dropped out a while back after I was re-diagnosed with Prostate cancer. But now I am back, cured. Now I can get back to this car.

I really want to put a '49-'53 flat head in it. I already have a pair of vintage Navaro finned aluminum heads and a couple of intake manifolds, a 3 carb Edelbrok and a 2 carb Offenhauser. I think I will go with the Offenhauser because I have 2 Stromberg 97s to go with it.

So now I am on a search for a suitable engine. a complete 49-53 that is free and not cracked. And a place to get rid of the '70 Caddy.

Last edited:
Congratulations, glad to hear you're doing well. Now you need to start a thread for all the work you're going to do. Make sure there are lots of pictures, of course. Or, I guess you could just keep updating this one :D

South Dakota is a fur piece to carry that engine and tranny. I guess I could drive it up there if you would help me swap them out so I could drive back....LOL

Yeah, I was just joking. But I was in Tejas 2 days ago. Still only about half way to you though. I have a beautiful 4 year old grandaughter in Ft. Worth I plan on seeing a lot more of.

Latest posts

Back