brake booster help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodgirl

ok so need a break booster for my truck was told to take one of a s10 or a ranger now the ? is, is it better to go with a new aftermarket one that will be smaller and look a little bit better on the truck ( 1934 dodge rat rod) or one i can get from the pick a part yard? I have a 200 ford ( engines out of a falcon) thanks

Lots of things to consider here. I am guessing you plan on mounting the master cylinder and booster on the firewall and not under the floor, or inside the dash. There are lots of junkyard boosters that are pretty small, and you can probably find one that will work for you. Depending on your budget, and if you have room, an aftermarket, under the floor unit is pretty slick. Power brakes are great, but make sure you have enough vaccume to make it work, and you should with the engine you are running.

Ill have to look into the smaller aftermarket one I like the idea of that. Im trying to keep this truck looking old school if I can.My First build so it been a treat lol but will be sooo worth ! I sould have room under the dash to put a small unit but ill have to measure and make sure
thanks for the help :)

With a light weight rod, you really don't need a booster. I didn't run one in either my '32 or '31 Coupes. the '32 had GM discs on front and drums on rear. The '31 had '48 Ford brakes on front and '57 Chevy drums on back. Plenty of stopping power without a booster.

disc/drum

are ya using a disc front/drum rear set up on the brakes?

make sure to use the correct brake proportioning valve for the system.

some times an adjustable valve will help if the brakes are custom and no one makes the right proportioning valve for youre application.

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back