brake light sending unit

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper

Ok so I got this inline sending unit with the two prongs on it ? is the tail lights are set up with the yellow and green ,Right ? should I use the third brake light wire or what:confused: then again where is Tex when I need him he left with a friend 3 months ago :mad:

That sounds like what I did. I had two wires and the casing was the ground. I hooked them up to a battery and used the brighter one for brake lights. I used the power to the third brake light to go to the sending unit and then off to the bright light wire. Sorry if I'm too technical in my explanation:D, it works perfect. I also added a ground wire from the casing to my frame just for good measure, it's too hard to get back in there if something goes wrong.

Sean

Are you calling a brake light switch a "sending unit"? If u are then it is just a switch and doesn't need to be grounded. Send power to one prong and wire from other prong goes to brake lights thru the turn signal switch.
If u talking about a third brake light sending unit...read the instructions:D......:eek:

OK..like I said, hot to one side, other side goes to brake lites thru turn signals. Want a third brake lite?.. then just run a second wire off switch to third brake lite. Does that sound like it will work??

Latest posts

Back