brake light switch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin53

What's the quickest way to make a brake light switch. I'm using a Dakota frame with all the brake system disc in the front drum in rear also stock Dakota brake booster and master cylinder.

your pedal didnt have one already hooked to it or a bracket for one ? As far as where to put it I would say if you have a union close by put a tee in place of the union, then plug it in there . I dont know why it wouldnt work ..

Use a pedal mount switch and you don't have to mess with all the brake line stuff.

switch.jpg

lever

the lever type is in the 3OISH rod & other than having to build a funky bracket under the dash it worked fine.

l got it at autozone for about 16 bucks.

Later:cool:

Both type of brake switches are simple to install. It's just where you want one and if you want to install it in the brake line or under the dash.
This is the one that goes in the brake line. I bought one on dabay for $10
less the brass tee.
mKImRRCZVmJY30g1YjU-lNQ.jpg

I am using one of the fluid pressure style switches, but need to see if there is some way for me to adjust it. It seems to take more pressure on the pedal to kick the lights on than what I want....

Latest posts

Back