Brakeline Bending Tip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad oldcarguy brought this old thread back to life. I'm getting ready to bend up brake lines on my 27 and am horrible at it. I usually get so mad I toss the misbent ones across the shop and start over. I see how what Gastrick posted makes sense........if you bend up a trial 90 bend first the real ones you bend have to be identical.

I just bent up the roll bar for the 27 and used pretty much the same principle. I first bent up a 90 and marked where I started the bend and where I ended it. Then I used those figures to bend up the real one. Surprisingly, I actually hit the width I needed right on the mark............for me that is very unusual. :eek::D

Don

That is great . that is what I call using the KISS method ( keep it simple .. stupid ) that is such a simple idea to mark the tubing but very effective .... Great Tip !

I remember reading this one in the "Tech Tips" section of Hot Rod Magazine sometime back in the 80's.... It's timeless and very useful tech, to be sure.

Of course, nowadays I've actually GOT one of those fancy "two handed" benders...;)

Thanks for sharing, Gastrick!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back