Bugbomb

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
CLICK THE LINK :cool:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/09/07/interview-gt-gt-drew-strunk-on-the-kdf-mangler.aspx

25534d5131afaa4ec.jpg

i have had a picture of that thing as my wall paper on my work computer for a few weeks... i like it alot, my coworkers make comments, like who would do that to a bug? who would want that? who would drive that?

All the questions have the same answer.. I would!

they say the same thing when they ask about my truck... why??

Sounds like you work in a place like me. I show them pics of my projects and they just sort of look puzzled.

"so...I guess that was a kit or something right?"
"what do you do with that?"
"what do you do when it rains?"
"does it have a/c?"
"is that legal?"

"No"
"Nevermind"
"Get wet"
"No!"
"Sorta...let's change the subject"

hahahahaha ... i cracked up when i read this ---
reminded me of my mom --

i told my mom i bought a title
and she asked " is that illegal?"
i said -- "what? buying a title ? -- no"
she said "no - using it for a different vehicle?"
i said " in what sense of the word??"
she said "" uh THE DEFINITION?"
lol whew.. good times with you guys...

Love it..

Not only am I a hot rod guy, I always walked that line with bugs too. Funny in many of the hot rod shops that didn't know I was also a VeeDubb guy used to make fun of bugs, saying they were for the guys that couldn't afford a real hot rod, lol..

My wife is a bug gal, and loves em. I wonder if she would be interested in a Ratty Bug? [cl

Not only am I a hot rod guy, I always walked that line with bugs too. Funny in many of the hot rod shops that didn't know I was also a VeeDubb guy used to make fun of bugs, saying they were for the guys that couldn't afford a real hot rod, lol..

My wife is a bug gal, and loves em. I wonder if she would be interested in a Ratty Bug? [cl

Same here. I can have as much or more fun in my $2500.00 volksrod that someone has in their $100.000+ hotrod becaus I drine mine in any weather.

My wife is a bug gal also, she has a 64 convertable bug and wants a Baja to play in the mud with.
Tim

You mean like this one..

Actually, this one wasn't all that special. It did have a 1600DP that was pretty quick, but it puked out about a half quart of oil everytime I shut it off. It didn't leak while running. I never could figure out why it did that, so I just named it "Jaundice Valdez" (I think ya get the connection?)

bug1.jpg

Dec0907.jpg

This was a Manx my son was restoring. The front was not quite like regular manx because it got tapped in the front and busted up pretty good, so we "clipped" it and gave it a cool looking nose job.

buggy6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back