build plans/pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC*90

well ive been digging through craigslist like a mother and found me a 64. not a short bed though, but for some reason ive grown to like it. the pics aren't the best but ive got this spark.

im going to try to pick up the 64 for about 350 maybe 400. its 450 obo soo. the body is straight and doesnt seem to bad but ill have to see it in person to really know. it has a motor in the bed but he says it ran decent. so im thinking it doesnt run the best. thats when i began looking for other trucks and came along a 86 that has a clean 350 with a muncy trans. its 600 obo. only thing bad about it is it has a salvaged title and its not the year im looking for. so i then got to thinking. thats when i said, the 64 is the year i want. and this is going to be a project. so why not rape the 86 of its goodies: rims/tires, motor/tranny, and front suspension/brakes. and drop them into the 64. i started consulting a close friend who wants to help on the build so i think im going to do this once i receive my insurance money thats been in a trust fund from my moms accident. rip mom. ill have about 3grand to do this in so ideas and tips are welcome. onto the pics. and for the "paint scheme" im thinking, matte gray body, flat black roof, flat black bumpers and grille. with some black steelies and white walls.

the six4
longfleet2.jpg

longfleet3.jpg

longfleet1.jpg

the 86
861.jpg

862.jpg

these are just "plans" and pictures.
your thoughts?
-Big John

that 86 has a salvaged title and they only want 600 for it. so i figured id take what i want/need and just junk it. i shouldnt have too much of a problem swapping the arms/spindles/brakes would i?

that 86 has a salvaged title and they only want 600 for it. so i figured id take what i want/need and just junk it. i shouldnt have too much of a problem swapping the arms/spindles/brakes would i?

You can take the complete K member out and use in the 64. It takes 8 bolts. You will have to drill a few to make it fit but gives you the later model front spindles and all. Use the rear end also. I did it on a 55. TP

I don't know where you are but the body parts from the 86 are worth some $$. A few years ago I had a friend with a wrecked one, had a real decent bed so I advertised on a Dallas 4x4 forum and had some guy come all the way from Nebraska after the bed for $300 and couldn't believe he found a good one that cheap.

Latest posts

Back