Burnt my Face!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I weld everyday where Im employed and in the warm months I wear a t-shirt and jeans with a little sun block on my arms.Do alot of no mask tack welding and have a "tan" most of the year!
I have had welders eyes about half a dozen times in the last 30 yrs too, and that is NO fun at all!

I've gotten sunburned arms many times but have never done enough welding w/o a helmet to get my face cooked. Gettin' splatter on my arms, clothes etc is bad enough but no thanks to small burn spots on my face! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I've had all of the above and still tack stuff with no helmet. But I have learned to cup my off hand over the torch end to block the light/spatter. Just dont leave it there to long! [;)

I burned my eyes once years ago, welding at night, outside, with an auto darkening hood.

I have burned my face tacking without a hood also.

I wear long pants, leathers, hood, etc. when doing anything more than tacking.

Guess you might say I don't like being burned, rather be hot and sweaty here in Louisiana than burn myself to oblivion.

My hood, Huntsman big window, the best hood ever and it is 20 years old. Put an auto darkening lens in it, replaced the head gear a few dozen times. Don't want and wouldn't take a new one.

Latest posts

Back