bye bye PBR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasn't pabst brought by miller in the 80's or 90's? drank my share of it while i was in the navy, now they go down like water. Schlitz is another beer i drank my share of, now i go for dark heavy lagers and porters.

i went and looked i guess i got it mixed with another. it appears they now own more then pbr. i see two texas beers in there.

G. Heileman Brewing Company, Lone Star Brewing Company, Pearl Brewing Company, Piels Bros., National Brewing Company, Olympia Brewing Company, Primo Brewing & Malting Company, Rainier Brewing Company, F & M Schaefer Brewing Company, Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company, Jacob Schmidt Brewing Company and Stroh Brewery Company.[1]

Last edited:
For any one of a certain age all these names bring back memories.

Careling Black Label."Mabel....Black Label"

Miller High Life. "The Champagne of Bottled Beer"

Hamms. "From the Land of sky blue waters"

Schiltz. "The Beer that made Milwauke Famous" and on and on and on.......

Don't even get me started on cigarette slogans.
Torchie.

There were also a lot of locally brewed beers, like Iron City (Pittsburgh). Don't know if those are still around. That one gave me headaches when I drank it.

Don

back in my alky days
i drank all of the cheap crap beers mentioned
i remember 8 dollar cases of PBR

Pop used to get a kick out of handing me his can of Schlitz. He quit drinking and smoking when he was 35 and I could only have been 5. Warm and Schlitz....nasty!!!

Milwaukees best by miller is the old Old Milwaukee recipie. Spent a day at their downtown complex picking up a load once

Latest posts

Back